Office Assistant (Cashier)
- College of Lake County
- Location: Grayslake, Illinois
- Category: Admin-Food Services
- Posting Date: 09/16/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleOffice Assistant (Cashier)
Internal Position TitleOffice Assistant
Under the administrative supervision of the Bookstore Manager, the Office Assistant operates a cash register, provides customer service both in person and on the phone, sorts and organizes all cashier paperwork, and stocks general merchandise. Bookstore cashier also assists in training and leading the shift of Student workers/temporary staff, conducts buy back transactions, and provides coverage of both off-site bookstores when needed. During Covid-19 assists as a Door Greeter covering entry point shifts greeting students and community members with specific college business and providing direction.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to lead cashiers in job duties
3. Cash handling and retail experience
4. Friendly and outgoing with customer service experience.
5. Ability to move up to fifty (50) pounds.
6. A valid driver’s license and ability to work at our Waukegan or Vernon Hills location
7. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Retail supervisory experience.
2. Experience with an inventory control system
Expected Start Date10/08/2020
Special Instructions Summary
This position will take part in the door greeter schedule and be fluid to changes that may be encountered including flexible with the hours. Please note that this position must be able to provide coverage for the bookstores on the Lakeshore and Southlake campuses when needed. The individual that is hired will need reliable transportation to be able to travel to the Waukegan or Vernon Hills campus. The position will be an on-campus position.
Total Hours per week25.00
2:30-7:30 when working in the Bookstore.
4-9pm when working in a Door Greeter capacity.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V