Enrollment Services Generalist
- College of Lake County
- Location: Grayslake, Illinois
- Category: Admin-Admissions and Enrollment
- Posting Date: 10/09/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleEnrollment Services Generalist
Internal Position TitleEnrollment Services Generalist
DepartmentWelcome and One Stop Center
Under general direction of the Manager, Welcome and One Stop Center; provides up to date, accurate information and assistance to students, staff, and community. Deliver comprehensive general information regarding all aspects of college procedures, programs and services that pertain to the enrollment process. Responsible to support the registration of students in courses according to established guidelines which may require some judgment in the application of policies and procedures. Provide excellent customer service.
1. Associates degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Two years of general office experience is required.
3. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, gender identities, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
4. Competency in technologies commonly used in college level instruction.
1. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills are required.
2. Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
3. Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
4. Problem solving skills.
5. Must be able to use a computer to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
6. Ability to sit and interact with public (internal/external) continuously. Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist, lift (0-50 lbs.), lift (50+ lbs.), carry (0-50 lbs.), carry (50+ lbs.), push (0-300 lbs) occasionally.
1. Experience in a high-volume cashiering operation.
2. Ability to multitask between various computer programs and assisting students.
Expected Start Date11/03/2020
Total Hours per week24.00
Monday – Thursday – 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM,
Friday – 12:30 PM- 4:30 PM
Some nights and weekends may be required.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V