Full-Time Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing (2 Vacancies)
- Mott Community College
- Location: Flint, Michigan
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Nursing Faculty-Health-Other Health Faculty
- Posting Date: 10/26/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Position Title||Full-Time Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing (2 Vacancies)|
|Department||Health Sciences - Dept|
|Employee Group||Full-time Faculty|
|Starting Salary Range||Base Salary: Mid 40's to Upper 50's. See details below regarding potential for additional compensation.|
Starting salary is dependent on education, directly related experience and internal equity. After completing the second probationary semester, the potential exists to earn additional compensation by teaching overload and spring/summer sessions. This additional compensation varies based on several factors, including educational level and step. For example, a faculty member with a Master’s degree at Step 0 who teaches 9 hours of overload during the fall and winter semesters would earn an additional $19,500. Teaching during the spring/summer sessions would also generate additional compensation beyond the base salary.
Excellent benefits package. Click here to view our benefits summary.
Purpose, Scope & Dimension of Job: Faculty facilitate student learning and initiate and participate in efforts to consistently improve the level of student success. As learning facilitators, faculty consistently assess learning outcomes and their own teaching effectiveness (pedagogy). As professionals, faculty adhere to the ethical standards of their profession as outlined, for example, by the NEA and the State of Michigan. Where applicable, faculty maintain licensure and certifications. In addition, full-time faculty have the following key responsibilities which are described more fully in the Essential Duties/Major Accountabilities section of the job description:
Specific Teaching Assignment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
|Additional Desirable Qualifications||
1. Teaching experience at community college level.
|Physical Requirements/Working Conditions||
1. The employee must be able to move about 2/3 of the time and be stationary about 1/3 of the time. S/he is required to be mobile around campus for participant involvement/activities.
Although full-time faculty are obligated to teach during fall and winter, the nature of their full-time job requires them to perform many of their professional responsibilities year-round.
Faculty are required to fulfill engagement hours and will make additional provisions for student consultations as may be necessary and reasonable.
|For Detailed Job Description Click Here||Job Description|
Degree must be conferred by application deadline or close of posting.
Visa sponsorship is not available.
The College is unable to assist with travel expenses.
Unofficial transcripts of qualifying degree are required at the time of application. You may upload additional related transcripts under Optional Documents or combine transcripts into one file (preferred method).
Selected candidates must submit to a drug test and criminal background check.
Anticipated start date: 01/09/2021.
|Application Deadline||No deadline, however first consideration will be given to those that apply by 11/13/2020.|
|Additional Application Deadline Information||
The College reserves the right to extend the application deadline or reopen the search if a sufficient pool is not established. Notice of such a decision will be indicated in the posting.
The College reserves the right to cancel the search at any time.
|Equal Opportunity Statement||
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, the College encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran’s status, age, disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024. Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0373. Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- CareerBuilder website
- Chronicle of Higher Education website
- HigherEdJobs website
- Mott website
- MI-HERC website
- MLive website
- Monster website
- Professional Association website**
- Professional Publication website**
- Other website**
- Professional Publication**
- Email notification from Mott Human Resources
- Notified by current or former Mott employee**
- **Please provide specific name of person or source below:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from an accredited institution?
- * Do you have recent, relevant experience in Nursing within the past five years?
- * Do you have a minimum of three years of full time clinical nursing experience or part-time experience that would equate to three full-time years (6,240 hours)?
- * If you answered yes, please explain further.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a current Michigan license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or are you eligible to obtain a Michigan RN license prior to start date?
- * Please briefly describe any clinical experience you have in a medical-surgical setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Additional Related Transcripts