Chief of Staff - Football
- Vanderbilt University
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Category: Admin-Athletics/Coaching
- Posting Date: 12/28/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
This position is responsible for the daily operation of the football office and its administrative function within the Athletics Department. This position works closely with Athletics Administration, Head Football Coach, and Sport Administrator to maximize resources in an effort to ensure the overall success of the program.
About the Work Unit:
Vanderbilt University’s Athletics Department prepares student-athletes to become leaders and champions in life by placing the highest values on integrity, character, sportsmanship and victory. Vanderbilt is a charter member of the Southeastern Conference and is the conference's only private school. The university fields 16 varsity teams (6 men's teams and 10 women's teams, a total of 351 student athletes), 14 of which compete in the Southeastern Conference.
Key Functions and Expected Performance:
- Oversee and supervise the day-to-day administrative operations of the football program, including direct supervision over major components such as budget, compliance, alumni relations, fundraising, etc.
- Manager and supervise all administrative football staff
- Serve as the liaison to athletics administration and administrative departments such as compliance, human resources, communications, ticketing, business office and National Commodore Club (development and alumni relations)
- Works directly with the compliance office to ensure that the football program adheres to NCAA and SEC regulations
- Work closely with Development and Alumni Relations offices (NCC) on fundraising endeavors
- Create and execute programs to cultivate relationships with football alumni
- Oversee departmental communication to alumni and donors
- Manage and oversee the operational budget, including monitoring expenditures and trends, for football
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Associate AD/Chief Financial Officer to analyze financial reporting. Use data to make budgetary decisions in regards to current purchasing trends and future spending forecasts.
- Provide quarterly financial reports to the head coach and review as needed
- Represent the football program and Vanderbilt Athletic Department in a professional manner at all times.
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by the head coach and/or athletic administration
- Comply with NCAA and SEC rules and regulations
This position does have supervisory responsibility and reports administratively and functionally to the Head Football Coach.
Education and Certifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree is necessary.
Experience and Skills
- Prior relevant experience is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills is necessary.
- Team Player is necessary.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Vanderbilt University is committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff, and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our campus values.
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please note, all candidates selected for an offer of employment are subject to pre-employment background checks, which may include but are not limited to, based on the role for which they have been selected: criminal history, education verification, social media review, motor vehicle records, credit history, and professional license verification.
Job: Athletic Affairs Professionals