Assistant Football Coach
- University of North Texas
- Location: Denton, Texas
- Category: Admin-Athletics/Coaching
- Posting Date: 12/28/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Conference USA. North Texas’ athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with the North Texas Athletics. Provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student-athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and during competition.
The Assistant Football Coach, under the direct supervision of the Head Coach of the respective athletics team, is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the sports program and team.
Bachelor’s and 1 year of experience in related sport.
- Intercollegiate Division I Coaching and Recruiting Experience.
- Master’s Degree.
Flexible Pending Season
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
- Coaches practice sessions or workouts as assigned; may be assigned to work with a specific group of student athletes on a regular basis.
- Assists in coaching during athletic events.
- May assist in maintaining statistics and coordinating with officials.
- Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same.
- Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
- Assists in scouting and recruiting activities; may be responsible for specific geographic area.
- Performs specific recruiting duties as assigned.
- May assist in the implementation of the academic program including monitoring of individual student athlete progress to ensure academic eligibility, enforcement of study hall program, and providing referrals to the appropriate University resources.
- Works with student athletes and monitors their adherence to rules and regulations concerning conduct, appearance, and punctuality.
- Works with Athletics sports medicine and strength and conditioning personnel, and with physicians as needed to implement team wellness and conditioning programs.
- May be responsible for coordinating one or more administrative functions as assigned.
- Speaks to service groups and alumni organizations as assigned.
- Must comply with all NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Athletics Director.