Adjunct Instructor - Springfield Technical Community College
- Springfield Technical Community College
- Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
- Category: Faculty-Vocational & Technical-Automotive Technology
- Posting Date: 01/14/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Springfield, MA Category: Academic/Adjunct Posted On: Thu Jan 14 2021 Job Description:
- Teach a course on Diesel Engine Technology (both lab and lecture). This offering can be taught in either a Day, evening or Saturday depending on instructor availability
- Provides relevant and timely feedback on student assignments, including participation.
- Compiles and reports grade-related information. Teaching contracts will be in accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Associate Degree in Automotive Technology required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- College-level teaching experience in automotive engineering technology, preferably at the community college level is desirable, as well as
- Direct experience in the automotive industry is required. ASE Master Automobile Technician Certificate Desired.
- Instructor needs to be familiar with and able to instruct a course involving the difference between diesel and petroleum engines, describe the theory and function of diesel engine and accompanying drivetrain components, diagnose and explain basic malfunctions in diesel systems including modern fuel injected diesel engines.
- Desire and ability to work with a diverse student body in a cooperative environment.
SALARY: Per class or lab in accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
GRANT FUNDED: NO
CLOSING DATE: January 25, 2021
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening on specified positions, which may include, but is not limited to, a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Essential functions are performed indoor, classroom and shop area and classroom activities may occur outside. Physical demands for this program may include walking, lifting, standing, bending, and close vision.
STARTING DATE: Expected class Start is February 15, 2021 bit could be changed based on instructor needs