Adjunct Instructor - Automotive Technology
- Delaware Technical Community College
- Location: Dover, Delaware
- Category: Faculty-Vocational & Technical-Automotive Technology
- Posting Date: 02/01/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Position Title||Adjunct Instructor - Automotive Technology|
|Position Type||Temporary Part-Time|
|Hiring Location||Owens Campus-Georgetown, DE|
|Contact Phone Number||302-259-6160|
|Contact Email Addressemail@example.com|
|Work Location||Owens Campus-Georgetown, DE|
|Position Specific Details||
Delaware Tech Owen Campus is seeking part-time Automotive Instructor(s). Class meets four days per week from January through the end of May. All tools and supplies are provided.
|Classification Title||Adjunct Instructor - Automotive|
|Job Code||2501 (PT)|
|Position Pay Grade||Salary Plan C|
An incumbent is responsible for implementing curricula, instructing assigned courses consistent with syllabi, and evaluating student learning, and fostering student success.
|Nature and Scope||
An incumbent in this class typically reports to the Dean of Instruction through and Instructional Director, Department Chairperson or Program Coordinator. An incumbent is expected to plan, organize, and instruct in a manner to promote and direct successful student learning in keeping with the College’s values and goals.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities as determined by the supervisor:
1. Plan, organizes, and instructs courses as assigned by the Department Chairperson/supervisor, utilizing effective and engaging instructional strategies, the learning management system (LMS), appropriate communication, classroom management, leadership skills, and instructional/educational technology to promote student success.
2. Demonstrates sound practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students’ diverse academic needs.
3. Follows the prescribed course outline and uses texts selected by the department plus other supplemental material the Department Chairperson deems appropriate.
4. Provides instruction according to the class meeting schedule and instructional hours established for the session (length of the course during the semester) and delivery method (face-to-face, hybrid, web-enhanced, or online). Notifies the Department Chairperson of the necessity of cancelling any class meeting prior to the class or in emergencies as soon thereafter as possible.
5. Assists students toward the successful completion of course(s) that the instructor is teaching by providing outreach, guidance, and timely feedback.
6. Makes oneself accessible and available to answer students’ questions in a timely manner.
7. Adheres to College policies and procedures relating to employment, academic matters, student behavior, and the Academic Calendar. Maintains adequate and timely student records (e.g. grades are posted in the LMS in a timely fashion). Evaluates and reports students’ progress and attendance in a timely manner.
8. Encourages students’ completion of the course evaluation form, reviews course evaluation summaries and develops a plan for improvement, as appropriate.
9. Attends and participates in various College meetings for the purpose of orientation, professional development or other departmental or operational activity as assigned.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
|Knowledge Skills and Abilities||
Knowledge of sound instructional techniques and methods.
Associate degree in a related field and six (6) years of work experience in automotive service field OR Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of work experience in automotive service field to include experience with domestic and foreign vehicles.
|Number of Vacancies|
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Applicant Instructions|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Unofficial Transcripts
- First Letter of Reference
- Second Letter of Reference
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Multi Media