eLearning Graphic Designer
- Tarrant County College District
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Category: Admin-Tutors and Learning Resources
- Posting Date: 02/19/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleeLearning Graphic Designer
Position StatusFull Time
Assignment LengthThis field only applies to Faculty
Pay RateCommensurate with education and experience.
Designs and develops multimedia-based learning objects of the highest quality for eLearning courses that reflect best practices in instructional design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs, develops, and refines animations, multimedia and video content for eLearning courses
• Collaborates with faculty and TCC Connect instructional designers on creating images, multimedia, animations, and video projects
• Ensures all developed content reflects universal design and can be accessed by all users
• Develops and implements strategies for the rapid creation of high-quality multimedia learning objects
• Provides the TCC Connect Senior Instructional Designer with regular updates on all content development projects
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule that aligns with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the college: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the college
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Three (3) years of experience as a multimedia designer, or an instructional designer with extensive experience developing interactive multimedia learning objects and capturing and editing video in support of online learning
• One (1) year of experience working in a college, university or other educational setting
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Strong project management skills
• Experience integrating multimedia content within a learning management system such as Blackboard
• Experience with video capture and editing for the web
• Experience applying accessibility standards
• Working knowledge of copyright laws related to media including the Teach Act
• Experience applying best practices in multimedia content development for online pedagogy
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Advanced knowledge and use of multimedia development tools including Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and Camtasia Studio
• Advanced knowledge and use of multimedia editing software such as Photoshop, Adobe Create Suite, and Final Cut Pro
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Applicants selected for interview may be asked to share examples of their design work.
ContactAshley Dela Rosa