Director, eLearning Services
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Tutors and Learning Resources
- Posting Date: 02/19/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleDirector, eLearning Services
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Education and Experience
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
The Director, eLearning Services provides leadership in the development and implementation of online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses and programs that support credit, continuing education, and workforce development offerings. The Director supervises eLearning staff and the day-to-day operations of the eLearning Services unit in support of the college’s eLearning courses and programs. The Director will evaluate, assess, and implement technology solutions to support instructional and support services for existing and emerging learning environments including developing metrics and tools to track student success and retention in online and hybrid courses. In addition, the Director will collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure best practices in the delivery of eLearning courses and programs.
- Master’s degree in educational technology, instructional design, or related area.
- Five years of experience in distance learning and/or educational/instructional technology and using instructional technologies.
- Teaching experience, preferably online at the post secondary level or more.
- System Administration experience in course management software (Blackboard preferred), preferably in a distance learning environment.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Must have one year of supervisory experience.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Leadership in developing and managing distance learning programs.
- Experience using a wide range of eLearning technologies including a comprehensive learning management system, such as Blackboard, and a Student Information System, preferably Ellucian Colleague.
- Experience implementing quality assurance programs for distance education courses and/or programs.
- Ability to develop and conduct training courses for faculty, staff, and students.
- Expertise in curriculum development, instructional design, and
- Skills in working collaboratively with diverse groups, such as faculty, staff and students.
- Skills in supervision of administrative, professional, technical and clerical staff.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants who apply by March 4, 2021 will be given first consideration.