Full-Time Branch Campus and Location Coordinator
- Luna Community College
- Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico
- Category: Admin-Campus Safety And Police
- Posting Date: 02/22/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
This position is a twelve-month position responsible for the day-to-day operations. This position provides support and supervision to staff, faculty, and students. In coordination with the President, Vice President of Instruction and Student Services, Academic Directors, and academic and non- academic staff, is responsible for the development, management and evaluation of a master plan for site and satellite campuses.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and implements strategic communications, public relations, and branding campaigns that increase public awareness and support of Satellite/Site programs, services, and activities that enhance the College’s presence among key stakeholders.
- Directs the development of internal Satellite specific newsletters, bulletins, social media, and web site postings, and related materials for employees concerning educational and program offerings, special programs, staff/faculty achievements, awards, and news of general interest to stakeholders, all in coordination with the main campus Public Relations office.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of internal and external information media relations, and external relations programs of the College; obtains feedback from the public and internal personnel through surveys, public opinion studies, and/or focus group meetings.
- Determines and oversees short- and long-term direction and activities for the satellite; plans and prepares satellite budgets, financial and related reports and funding proposals.
- Monitors and prepares budgets and budget adjustment requests.
- Provides support for Satellite staff/Faculty/Dual Credit Faculty, Community Education Faculty in curriculum planning, assessment, classroom instruction planning, evaluation, syllabus preparation and problem solving.
- Provides services for an in conjunction with ACCESS Center, Admissions Office, Bookstore, Computer Center, IT, Financial Assistance, Fiscal Office, Registrars, Security and the Warehouse.
- Works closely with High School administrators, counselors, and staff to provide assistance, to Dual-Credit students and promote Dual Credit class offerings.
- Manages and maintains facilities to include assessment and planning of current and new facilities and equipment in conjunction with the main Luna Community College’s Physical Plant.
- Initiates and administers student recruitment and retention efforts, related to LCC’s Satellite Plan including program development, advising and scheduling prospective students, administering and compiling outcomes and assessment examination; and initiates referrals.
- Participates in institutional, professional and other internal committee activities; establishes and maintains external professional contacts and relationships; conducts ongoing research to maintain currency in supervision, curriculum development, community education development, satellite program activities and other areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Budget development and fiscal management
- Program development and classroom management techniques
- Advising methods and techniques
- Research methodology and information resources related to departmental matters
- Basic supervisory practices
- Knowledge of the community, employment opportunities and educational and training needs
- Knowledge of program development, administration and evaluation
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with external community stakeholders and students
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff, faculty, students and the public
- Social media marketing
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sits most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a closely related field required.
- Three years’ experience in coordinating multiple functions in a secondary or post-secondary institutional setting is required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520