- Center for the Arts
- Location: Jackson, Wyoming
- Category: Philanthropy-Fundraising-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 02/24/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Center for the Arts is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that relies on fundraising for more than 50% of its annual operating budget each year. Under the administrative direction of the Development Director and the Executive Director, the Development Associate supports all fundraising projects and development initiatives for the organization. The position requires impeccable attention to detail, strong relationship-building skills, exemplary customer service, and the ability to manage multiple deadline-driven tasks at the same time. The primary duties of the role are database management, event planning, and general support for all things related to stewarding philanthropic support for The Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
SUPPORT ANNUAL FUNDRAISING
- Receive, process, record, and acknowledge all donations in a timely manner.
- Participate in developing campaign materials, brochures, newsletters, and annual reports.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for growing The Center’s various donor groups.
- Assist with expanding and implementing donor recognition strategies.
- Manage donor database, including accurate and timely data entry.
- Design and produce detailed reports to facilitate ongoing stewardship management and accurate reporting.
- Work with Patron Services Manager on CRM strategies and best practices for donor engagement.
EVENT COORDINATION & SUPPORT
- Assist with planning and coordinating all aspects of annual fundraising events such as the Annual Benefit and Old Bill’s Fun Run.
- Recruit and manage event Sponsors and Benefactors.
- Track accurate Benefactor and Sponsor recognition.
- Manage event communications with vendors and patrons.
- Assist with aspects of event production as needed, including working across all organizational departments when required.
MANAGE CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS
- Coordinate Center Sponsor outreach, renewals, and new business development.
- Manage paperwork, contracts, invoicing, and accounting.
- Communicate directly with Center Sponsors regarding recognition and engagement.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for growing The Center’s corporate sponsorship programs.
SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- Serve as liaison for the Development Committee by keeping meeting minutes and preparing agendas and other materials.
- Support the Development Director in setting meeting schedules and managing outreach to the Development Committee.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Detail oriented
- Strong relationship-building
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to maintain professional composure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage individual workload
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for continual improvement
- Ability to exercise good judgement. Proactive and creative problem solver
- Highly professional in presentation and performance
- Knowledge of the Jackson Hole community and local nonprofits
- Working knowledge of databases and CRM systems
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- All qualifications comply with EEOC legislation.
Core hour work schedule with the potential for occasional evening and weekend obligations.
Regular interactions with VIP donors and patrons.
May include sitting or standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
The Center offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, health and dental insurance, and 401(k) plan.
Interested candidates should email their resume and 3 references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.