Postdoctoral Fellow, Graduate School of Social Work
- University of Denver
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 03/02/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Apply now Job no:493531
Work type:Staff Full-Time
Categories:Postdoc / Fellow
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is among the finest graduate schools of social work in the country. GSSW currently has a competitive PhD program and offers a Masters of Social Work degree at three campuses as well as an online program. The GSSW is a vibrant center for intellectual development, a leader in promoting diverse communities, and an advocate for an integrated and inclusive model of social work. Our mission is to foster social responsibility regarding social and economic justice, quality of life and multicultural communities, based on equality for all people.
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a collegial and progressive community of scholars who conduct a range of research with diverse populations across the life cycle and who are committed to excellence in teaching. The school's curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social justice, and social work values and ethics, with an understanding of and respect for social and cultural diversity. GSSW provides a supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and community-based research. Cross-disciplinary opportunities abound as evidenced by the University's Impact 2025 strategic plan. The faculty at GSSW engages in major collaborative projects locally, nationally, and internationally. In addition, the Denver metropolitan area and state of Colorado offer excellent opportunities for research addressing a variety of populations. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff. This is a two year appointment.
- Support the implementation and adaptation of the Dad's Matter-HV intervention, including training and coordination with implementation sites.
- Assist with the evaluation and dissemination of the Dads Matter-HV intervention including assisting with data collection, data analysis, publication development, and grant writing.
- Conduct secondary data analysis using existing study data.
- Develop program of research and scholarship in one or more of the following areas: father involvement, co-parenting, home visiting, implementation science, or child maltreatment prevention.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment, knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research or providing services related to father involvement, co-parenting, home visiting, implementation science, or child maltreatment prevention.
- Excellent writing skills for publishing research findings.
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with faculty, research staff and community partners.
- Experience working as part of a community-engaged research or program implementation team.
- Earned doctorate in social work or a related social science discipline, but no prior postdoctoral training.
- Ability to exhibit a developing agenda of publication and research.
- MSW in addition to doctorate.
- Two or more years of community-engaged research experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on April 9, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver .
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.