Campus Security Officer PT - Gonzales Center
- Victoria College
- Location: Gonzales, Texas
- Category: Admin-Campus Safety And Police
- Posting Date: 03/02/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Title: Campus Security Officer PT - Gonzales Center
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 02/26/21 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $13.40 - $14.87 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Gonzales Center, Gonzales, Texas
Division: Administrative Services
Victoria College is hiring for a part time Campus Security Officer for the Gonzales Center. This position is responsible for campus security, crime prevention and investigation, emergency preparedness and response, asset protection, and building access control. Non-commissioned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing highly visible personal and real property security for faculty, staff, students, and visitors on the College campus; this will include physically securing and locking each classroom and building at the end of the day and setting the burglar alarm system if so equipped
- Provide first-line response, emergency management, routine security and public safety patrol, providing escort service and other basic public assistance
- Remain alert to emergency situations, injury prevention and crime
- Enforce parking regulations, and other college rules/regulations through the issuance of written warnings and administrative citations
- Inform and/or warn violators of a variety of rule infractions, including but not limited to, smoking on campus, loitering, reckless driving, or engaging in unsafe behavior
- Be able to identify illegal/forbidden contraband, etc.
- Provide courteous professional assistance to the students, faculty, staff, and visiting public
- Work shifts, nights, weekends, and some holidays as assigned; May be required to work extended hours in cases of emergency, disaster or other situations influenced by workload, or staffing difficulties. Will be required to work special events and college sponsored functions on different campus locations
- Attend professional development training as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Police & Security Services
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- At least one year of directly related security experience preferred
- Must be a US Citizen, 21 years of age or over, and in good physical condition
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with a good driving record consistent with the policies and insurance requirements of Victoria College
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate complex information in oral and written format to a variety of audiences
- Must demonstrate a creative, courteous, and customer service oriented approach to campus policing
- Must be able to represent the college professionally and work collaboratively with administration, faculty, and staff, as well as outside agencies
- A documented stable work history and a proven record of excellence
- Thorough knowledge of and willingness to assist in the enforcement of laws of the State of Texas, The Texas Education Code, and all rules and regulations of Victoria College.
- Having a conviction for, being under indictment for, or currently charged with any felony offense
- Having a conviction for or currently charged with any misdemeanor offense involving moral turpitude
- Having a conviction for or currently charged with a crime involving domestic violence
- Having a conviction for an offense of a Class A misdemeanor within the last ten (10) years, or convicted for an offense of a Class B misdemeanor within the last five (5) years
- Applicants cannot be on probation for any offense
- Must be in good physical condition. Patrol the property and buildings primarily on foot. May be required to use a bicycle, cart or motor vehicle as needed.
- May be required to perform a variety of physically demanding movements while involved in enforcement operations, including but not limited to: running, walking, climbing, jumping, bending, stooping, rolling, crawling, lifting, carrying, dragging, and safely operating assigned equipment and vehicles in a variety of emergency situations.
- Must be able to lift 30-45 lbs. frequently, up to 75 lbs. occasionally, pull or drag up to 150 lbs. Must be able to traverse at least 3 flights of stairs on a daily basis.
- The applicant will be expected to perform duties in seasonal temperatures, and all types of weather conditions.