Open Rank Faculty (2 positions available)
- Rutgers University
- Location: Piscataway, New Jersey
- Category: Faculty-Science-Computer Science
- Posting Date: 03/02/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Rutgers, School of Health Professions (SHP), Department of Health Informatics invites applications for open rank full-time faculty position on the Non-Tenure Teaching Track). This position consists primarily of teaching, scholarship and service. Under the auspices of teaching, this individual will also assist the Program Director in the design, implementation, evaluation, and revision of curriculum and advise current students including those on their dissertation phase/doctoral project of study.
- Provide in-person and on-line teaching in areas identified by the Department Chair.
- Define and pursue scholarly agenda. Stay abreast of, and be a leader in their field through participation in professional organizations and societies.
- Assist the Program Director in the design, implementation, evaluation, and revision of curriculum.
- Advise current students including those on their dissertation phase/doctoral project of study.
- Undertake administrative responsibilities as assigned, including admission selection of prospective students and participation in promotion and maintenance processes of the program.
- Participate in the governance of the School by serving on School and University committees as appropriate.
- Provide service to the university, school, and professional community
Applicants must have: (1) a minimum of a PhD degree in Health Informatics/Computer Science/Health Information Management/Biomedical Engineering, or in a closely related field (2) a commitment to teaching at the graduate level, (3) and a record of research or scholarly accomplishments that demonstrate subject matter expertise and knowledge.
Preference will be given to the candidate who demonstrates his/her ability in the areas of Natural Language Processing/Text Mining/Artificial Intelligence/Predictive Analytics applications in healthcare along with exemplary planning and organizational skills as well as good oral and written communication skills; online teaching experience with a Learning Management System (preferable); is a flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects; and has excellent interpersonal skills.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of Professional References (contact Info)