Director, Alumni Participation & Loyalty
- Florida International University
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Category: Philanthropy-Fundraising-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 04/08/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Alumni Relations at FIU seeks an alumni professional to develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive and strategic annual undergraduate participation giving program, including multi-channel solicitation acquisition and reactivation of FIU's undergraduate alumni donors. These channels include digital, direct mail, phone, and text.
The Director will leads a team and provide direction, guidance and training to full and part- time professional staff. Additional expectations for this role include:
- Leading the senior giving program development throughout the university; create strategy, marketing and metrics for program that creates a culture of engagement and philanthropy and amplification of the program to yield senior class donors. Develops reporting cadence to Deans to promote their support. Collaborates with academic units to further promote program within their college.
- Developing a strong working partnership with college/school units in order to increase alumni participation university-wide. Meets regularly with unit alumni and development professionals to share participation plans and partnership opportunities.
- Preparing the annual budget and program projects, strategic planning, and goals planning evaluations and metrics.
- Leading and managing all aspects of FIU 305 Give Day, including volunteer recruitment, marketing, strategy and unit collaboration. Manages vendor relationships and stay apprised of give day best practices and opportunities. Executes alumni loyalty value proposition and continually strive to improve the program by identifying new and improved alumni benefits.
- Keeping apprised of all aspects of participation trends by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements. Interprets alumni of record policy and play a strategic role in the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Manages and serves as primary liaison to vendor contracts and services. Produces and evaluates reports related to alumni annual giving and faculty/staff program activities. Remains abreast, aware, and conversant about, best practices as it relates to participation, loyalty and giving programming. Conducts benchmarking with peers, and has a deep understanding in the segmentation and impact reporting of targeted audiences.
Bachelor's degree and eight (8) years of experience higher in education, alumni relations, development, event management, or a related field.
Previous experience managing a major program and/or supervises support and professional staff.
- Fundraising techniques/skills.
- Professional experience in a higher education or no-profit environment.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills to guide strategy and track results.
- Experience working with phone-a-thons or knowledge of tele-fundraising best practices.
- Knowledge in telemarketing, direct mail, online and personal solicitation, preferably in higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills to effectively work with colleagues, campus partners, and vendors.
- Five (5) years experience with Annual Giving in a non-profit organization, preferably higher education, or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and evolving priorities with exceptional attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent technology skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and technical aptitude to learn our systems and applications.
Starting at $90,000 - Commensurate with Experience
Criminal Background Check
Driver's License Check
Ability to travel locally and nationally.
Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University.
Must attend meetings off campus and occasionally attend functions on weekends and evening.