Audio Visual Computer Technician
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Posting Date: 04/19/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleAudio Visual Computer Technician
DepartmentClassroom & Event Technology
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$34,496 - $37,945 Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Candidates must demonstrate experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation of Crestron, AMX, Extron control systems. Ability to trouble-shoot complex audio, video, switching and control systems problems as well as operated digital audio mixing consoles and lighting boards.
- High School diploma with 9 college credit courses (CISIOI, CISI 37 and CIS 207).
- Two years’ experience in the delivery of analog and digital audio-visual technology services.
- Some knowledge of the practices, tools and terminology used in the repair and maintenance of audio-visual equipment; ability to make repairs and maintain audio-visual equipment.
- Knowledge of computer hardware including, desktop PCs, laptops and mobile devices.
- Knowledge of installing, and using one or more computer operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- Basic knowledge of control systems i.e. (Crestron, Extron, AMX).
- Knowledge of basic IT networking.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work independent of direct supervision.
- Organizational skills; good mechanical aptitudes.
- Provides excellent service, strives to exceed the expectations, and needs of internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of analog and digital mixing consoles.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, but occasionally may be required to lift and carry equipment that can weigh up to 50 pounds and setup computer equipment which involves pushing and pulling heavy carts, bending and crawling under desks for wire hookup and management.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications submitted by April 27, 2021 will receive first consideration. This position is open until filled.
The college is currently in a Modified Academic and Business Operation (MABO) model, which means some of the work is being performed from remote locations. When the conditions permit, based on CDC and College Administrator’s guidelines, employees will be required to resume their work on campus as directed by management. This position is located in the state of Maryland.