Educational Training Specialist - Upward Bound Program (Foreign Language)
- Delaware Technical Community College
- Location: Wilmington, Delaware
- Category: Faculty-Law And Legal Studies
- Posting Date: 04/21/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Position Title||Educational Training Specialist - Upward Bound Program (Foreign Language)|
|Position Type||Temporary Part-Time|
|Hiring Location||George Campus-Wilmington, DE|
|Contact Phone Number||302-573-5469|
|Contact Email Addressemail@example.com|
|Work Location||George Campus-Wilmington, DE|
|Position Specific Details||
The incumbent will be responsible for providing instruction in Foreign Languages.
Hours are from 8am-1pm.
|Classification Title||Educational Training Specialist|
|Job Code||3038 (FT), 3538 (PT)|
|Position Pay Grade||Salary Plan A (FT), Salary Plan C (PT)|
An incumbent is responsible for conducting and/or teaching workshops, seminars and/or courses, evaluating participants, and developing and implementing curricula. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for providing individual tutoring, advisement, and/or counseling services to the Workforce Development and Community Education Division participants/students, as well as providing support for division activities.
|Nature and Scope||
An incumbent typically reports to an appropriate Workforce Development and Community Education supervisor/administrator. Duties include a variety of accountabilities pertaining to planning, organizing, and conducting workshops, seminars, and/or courses, and providing tutoring, advisement, and/or counseling services to Workforce Development and Community Education participants/students. In addition, an incumbent is to assist in other Workforce Development and Community Education activities, e.g., recruitment, job placement, and support services for participants/students, as assigned.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Conducts and/or teaches workshops, seminars, and/or courses as assigned, utilizing effective communications, classroom/workshop management, leadership, training, and teaching techniques.
2. Develops new programs, workshops/seminars and/or courses and syllabi. Evaluates programs, courses, workshops/seminars and/or courses, including syllabi, teaching methods, materials, equipment, and facilities; revises existing programs, workshops/seminars and/or courses as assigned.
3. Selects, maintains, and uses materials, supplies, and equipment required for effective teaching, facilitating, and training.
4. Maintains adequate participant/student records, including intake test results, and counseling notes; evaluates and reports participants’ progress and/or attendance. Prepares and submits evaluations as required.
5. Provides objective advisement and tutoring of participant/students as necessary to assist in successful completion of the program.
6. Schedules, posts, and maintains office hours to aid in participant’s progress.
7. Works as a team with other faculty and staff to facilitate routine department operations and achieve departmental goals and objectives. Assists in attaining program accreditation.
8. Participates in departmental/campus/College meetings and serves on committees, as required.
9. Participates in professional development in-service programs.
10. Assists as requested in developing proposal/department/program budget, establishing and maintaining effective public relations, and facilitating routine department operations.
11. Assists with extra-curricular client activities as requested.
12. Performs other related duties as required.
|Knowledge Skills and Abilities||
Knowledge of teaching techniques and methods.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
|Number of Vacancies|
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Applicant Instructions|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Unofficial Transcripts
- First Letter of Reference
- Second Letter of Reference
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Multi Media