Nursing Assistant Adjunct Instructor
- Fletcher Technical Community College
- Location: Schriever, Louisiana
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Nursing
- Posting Date: 04/21/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
FLETCHER TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Nursing Assistant Adjunct Instructor (Evening/Weekend)
An adjunct position for nursing assistant to be taught in the evenings and on weekends. Duties include teaching; course
development; office hours; participation in campus activities; curriculum development; and committee assignments.
- Maintain performance standards and pursue goals, objectives, and activities that promote the mission and values
of the College.
- Maintain accurate attendance, progress, and evaluation records in an acceptable grade book format and file the
grades (photocopies/print-outs) with the registrar at the end of each semester; adhere to all time lines established
by the College, particularly with respect to the submission of grade rosters, reporting non-attendance of students,
referring students for counseling, withdrawing students from classes for excessive absences, and responding to
records inquiries and other communications about students in a timely manner.
- Create a learning environment in which all students are treated equitably and with respect.
- Attend and provide meaningful instruction for all class sessions during the semester. Be punctual in class
attendance and provide instruction for the complete class period. Make appropriate arrangements for necessary
absences according to College policies.
- Participate in professional development activities that enhance effectiveness, particularly with respect to teaching
and student learning.
- Make adequate preparation for the instructional process; incorporate strategies, and a variety of evaluation
methods to accommodate students with varying learning styles and to ensure that course content is presented in
a professional manner, with adequate opportunity for students to engage in dialogue about course content.
- Collaborate with colleagues when necessary regarding instruction and in the selection of library resources,
software, and textbooks and in the development of master course syllabi.
- Develop and distribute within the first week of the semester course syllabi which describe in detail the
requirements of the course, attendance policy, assessment strategies, grading system, classroom policies, and
other information as appropriate.
- Develop and administer periodic tests, assignments, and informal classroom assessment (formative and
summative) to monitor students' performances, to monitor instructional effectiveness, and administer final
examinations during the scheduled exam periods.
- Develop and update a mechanism for collecting data that aid in the assessment of program outcomes.
- Monitor the enrollment of students in classes by directing students who are not officially enrolled to the
appropriate office to correct enrollment problems and by restricting attendance to students who are officially
- Instruct students in the safe and proper use of equipment and supplies and in procedures for proper
housekeeping and storage of materials.
- Maximize the use of advanced technology, including the use of computers and related strategies, in the
classroom or available learning centers as appropriate.
- Provide classroom instruction in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, College harassment
policies, and/or other legal requirements.
- Obey and enforce College policies that prohibit the use of food in the classroom, smoking within college buildings,
drugs and firearms on campus, and the destruction and misuse of all college property.
- Participate in training sessions that familiarize the faculty member with instructional strategies, the institutional
policies, databases, information systems, and software.
- Assist students with information about job opportunities in the discipline or program, with certification or licensure
- Serve as a resource to students in the pursuit of employment or advanced educational opportunities, such as
completing recommendations, and assist students in their pursuit of meaningful educational goals by staying
informed and offering reliable, accurate information about programs and opportunities the College offers.
- Attend meetings for the purpose of fulfilling assigned duties, participating in activities, sharing ideas and
information, and working toward common department and College goals.
- Be receptive to requests from colleagues, students, and administrators to serve in a voluntary capacity in such
situations as coverage of a colleague's class on an emergency basis, application of expertise in tasks that serve
the college, speaking engagements, college or program specific recruitment activities, serving as advisor to a
student organization, developing new organizations, assisting in or supporting student activities, assisting at local
conferences, or participating in fund-raising activities.
- Communicate effectively with students, colleagues, and supervisors and utilize appropriate channels of
communication within the College community concerning procedures and/or inquiries.
- Be adaptable to schedule/load adjustments based upon enrollment and accountable for a forty-hour workweek,
including instructional responsibilities, planning, meetings, etc.
- Represent the college in manner, appearance, and behavior that promote a positive image of the college within
Qualifications: Registered or Practical nurse with current, unencumbered license; Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the
provision of long term care facility services; and one of the following: VTIE, CTTIE, “train the trainer,” or master’s degree
or above in Nursing or Education. Computer knowledge; student-centered attitude; and must be well organized.
Reports To: Dean of Nursing and Allied Health
Fletcher Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education
Amendments of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, this Educational Agency upholds the following policy: Fletcher Technical Community
College campuses assure equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, religion, qualified
disability, marital status, veteran’s status, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation in its hiring or employment practices or in admission to its programs,
services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of its operations. Each campus welcomes handicapped individuals and has
made buildings accessible to them.
Title IX Coordinator:
Director of Human Resources (985)448-7929 or (985)448-7930
1407 Highway 311
Schriever, LA 70395
Qualified applicants should submit Resume, Employment Application, and Transcript(s) to:
Fletcher Technical Community College
1407 Highway 311
Schriever, LA 70395