Chief Financial Officer
- Nunez Community College
- Location: Chalmette, Louisiana
- Category: Executive-Other Executive Admin-Business And Financial Management
- Posting Date: 04/21/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO), an executive team member role reporting to the Chancellor, will contribute to the vision and leadership of the college. The CFO will supervise budgetary planning, financial and contractual services, and procurement ensuring fiscal accountability, efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and financial compliance with laws and regulations for the college.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the fiscal operations of the College, including planning and overseeing the development of the institution’s annual general fund budget, budgets for other operational funds, institutional assets, and the annual audit. Monitors, controls and ensures adherence with fiscal year budget and the Annual Financial Report (AFR). Oversees financial reporting and operational activities for the College, including, but not limited to, AFR, capital project reports, reports to funding organizations, and reports to support contracts and grants. In consultation with the Chancellor and Board of Supervisors, works continuously to improve financial reporting for the College, and is the primary contact with the LCTCS office staff and the external auditors on financial and audit matters.
- Provides strategic, innovative leadership in the planning, implementation, assessment, and improvement of the College’s financial services, and related programs, in support of College mission, vision, and goals. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of College financial policies and procedures; ensures compliance with College accounting and financial reporting requirements, laws, and regulations. Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the College.
- Oversees the strategic planning for, and management of, all procurement and purchasing functions for the College to provide the highest levels of support to all College departments. Implements industry best practices in all functional responsibilities of the College. Strategizes and recommends policies and procedures to achieve greater efficiency in the allocation and use of resources.
- Provides advice, counsel, and recommendations to the Chancellor and Executive Team on financial matters. Serves as a member of the Chancellor’s Executive Team and as a proxy for the Chancellor when appointed.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the Nunez Community College Foundation, various governmental entities, and other organizations that conduct business with the College. Conducts outreach to foster collaborative working relationships with business, industry, agencies, community organizations, and/or education institutions. Serves as College representative on various statewide, local, and College committees and attends events as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience managing finance/accounting, budgeting.
- Prior successful experience working directly with both internal and external auditors, Boards of Supervisors, and state oversight agencies.
- Prior successful experience leading, supervising, and mentoring professional managers.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
- Demonstrative leadership skills and abilities.
- Commitment to quality and integrity.
- Exceptional skills in communications and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to forge successful relationships and partnerships.
- Ability and willingness to delegate effectively and to hold direct reports accountable.
- Skilled decision-maker, with transparency in decision-making and management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and experience in fundraising and resource development.
- Ability to deliver performance-based results.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The CFO must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work with a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
Candidates will have a bachelor's degree in Finance or Business and seven or more years of professional experience. Master's degree preferred.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Include CFO in the subject line)
The committee will begin the review of applications immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with materials submitted by Monday, April 20, 2021 receiving priority consideration.
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti-discrimination laws.