Building Attendant (Night)
- Wor-Wic Community College
- Location: Salisbury, Maryland
Admin-Custodian - Janitorial
- Posting Date: 04/22/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
This position performs custodial duties in campus buildings. This position is considered an "essential employee" and as such, may be required to report during non-scheduled days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays to assist with snow removal and other work situations.
The following list is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position.
- Performs custodial duties, including dusting furniture, vacuuming and shampooing carpeted floors, disinfecting restroom fixtures, removing trash, cleaning windows, elevators, floor mats and marker boards, dry and wet mopping tile floors, and/or moving chairs and desks
- Operates buffers, polishers and other cleaning equipment
- Maintains cleaning equipment through periodic lubrication and the changing of filters
- Responds to faculty or staff needs involving cleaning or sanitizing and unlocks doors as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Six months of cleaning experience
- The ability to operate floor care machinery
- The ability to use small equipment, such as power tools
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- Experience stripping and waxing floors
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
This is a full-time standard support staff position.
- Minimum starting hourly rate is $11.76
- Days and Hours of work are Sun. – Thurs., 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. (30-minute lunch)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The college reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine and/or eliminate positions at any time.
Applications received by May 9 will be given first consideration; the position will remain open until filled.