Assistant Professor of Instruction - Economics
- University of Texas at Dallas
- Location: Richardson, Texas
- Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts-Economics
- Posting Date: 04/27/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences is seeking applicants for an Assistant Professor of Instruction in Economics. An earned PhD in Public Policy and Political Economy or Economics is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a record of teaching excellence in statistics, macroeconomics, economic history, and political economy.
Applicants should upload a cover letter; curriculum vitae; unofficial transcript; statement of teaching/research philosophy; teaching evaluations (if available) and the full contact information for at least three academic or professional references.
Minimum Education and Experience Preferred Education and Experience
Earned doctorate in Public Policy and Political Economy or Economics and experience teaching both undergraduate and graduate students in statistics, macroeconomics, economic history, and political economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence
Prepare and teach undergraduate and/or graduate classes
Contribute assessment information and data as requested
Mentor and/or advise undergraduate and/or graduate students
Engage in service within the academic unit, the university, and the profession as appropriate based on teaching and research constraints
Physical Activities Working Conditions Additional Information Special Instructions Summary Important Message
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.