Faculty Part Time - Hospitality Management, Tourism & Culinary Arts 072016
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
Faculty-Vocational & Technical-Culinary Arts
- Posting Date: 04/30/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleFaculty Part Time - Hospitality Management, Tourism & Culinary Arts 072016
DepartmentHospitality Management, Tourism & Culinary Arts
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Degree
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future part-time openings. Salary commensurate with degree.
- Master’s Degree or professional credential in relevant field (Registered Dietitian or Certified Hospitality Educator for example) or relevant professional experience.
- Full-time or part-time teaching experience in Hospitality Management, Tourism or Culinary Arts is preferred.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Relevance of educational preparation to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education, professional development, and/or scholarly activity.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Evidence of ability to work independently.
- Degree from an accredited institution or credential from a recognized professional association.
- Documentation of experience and performance required. Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Availability to accept teaching assignments during day, evenings, weekends, and /or online and at different sites.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.