Director of Assessment
- Baltimore City Community College
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Assessment, Accreditation, and Compliance
- Posting Date: 05/06/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Director of Assessment reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs regarding academic assessment; and works in collaboration with the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, Research and Planning regarding non-academic assessment. The Director will coordinate institutional assessment activities helping to measure college, departmental, program and course-level effectiveness. The Director of Assessment is responsible for working with faculty and staff across the College to build and manage a comprehensive model for academic and non-academic assessment. Assessment efforts include working with existing and new technologies to collect, interpret and present data on student and institutional performance with a focus on continuous improvement. The Director works collaboratively to ensure compliance with institutional and academic program accreditation guidelines.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates college-wide strategic, comprehensive, and ongoing academic assessment programs, projects, and activities measuring student learning and institutional achievement.
- Works with faculty, programs and departments to develop assessment plans to monitor progress towards program learning objectives and goals.
- Reviews reports and gives formative and summative feedback to programs on assessment plans and progress.
- Works with executive leadership to coordinate the assessment agenda.
- Coordinates academic assessment activities for compliance with Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) standards related to assessment and educational effectiveness; and assists with other college and/or program specialized accreditations.
- Supports faculty with the advancement of academic assessment and improvement of student learning through effective outreach efforts including consultation, training, mentoring, and resource development.
- Collects and reviews program accreditation/review assessment data to assist programs/schools in implementing findings for continuous improvement and identification of opportunities to expand student learning opportunities.
- Works with Institutional Research preparing reports based on interpretation of data to summarize findings and report on the quality of institutional assessment efforts.
- Provides assessment information to the college leadership to assist with institutional decision making in alignment with strategic planning. As directed, disseminates findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of administrative experience in academic and/or non-academic assessment.
- Five years full-time teaching experience.
- Expertise in curriculum design and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with assessment principals and design.
- Experience in the development and assessment of institutional effectiveness and student learning outcomes.
- Ability to assist with the development of assessment tools and methods of measurement.
- Knowledge of appropriate state and federal regulations and requirements for higher education.
- Four years of experience working in higher education or a public funded agency in the areas of accreditation and compliance, certification and/or licensing of academic and career programs.
- Significant experience in state, regional, and/or national accreditation.
- Demonstrated ability to serve effectively and collegially working with faculty and administrators.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and training, and to work professionally with diverse groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Doctorate in education or related field.
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education regional accreditation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in the methods of the scholarship of teaching.
- Experience in current theory and practice in institutional research, research design, data warehousing, management information systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical tools for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, etc.).