Nursing Program Faculty (Mental Health) - 10 month
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Location: Essex Campus, Maryland
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Nursing
- Posting Date: 05/07/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Depends on Qualifications
The 10 month Nursing Program Faculty member is responsible for teaching both didactic and clinical instruction in the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Teaching responsibilities include traditional face to face format with online supplement in the traditional day format and blended programs. This position focuses on mental health nursing. Faculty participate in committees, student advising, nursing program initiatives and college community activities.
Faculty members are expected to: prepare, teach, and assess student progress in each course taught; seek continuous improvement in student-centered learning and teaching methodology; remain current in discipline; maintain scheduled office hours; create a yearly professional development plan; participate with other faculty members in developing and managing courses, curricula, and academic policy. Responsibilities include teaching fifteen credit hours per semester; committee work at the department, school, campus, and college level; college and community service, and participating in professional development activities.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland
Master's degree in Nursing
Teaching experience preferred; and recent clinical experience
Mental health experience required. Medical/surgical background is highly desirable.
For best consideration please apply by May 23, 2021.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Provide didactic and clinical instruction in first and second year nursing courses, and other assigned courses in the day and evening/weekend program.
- Coordinate adjunct faculty assigned nursing courses.
- Conduct simulated experiences.
- Participate in Nursing Program Committees as assigned.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.