Dental Hygiene Clinical Coordinator - 12 month
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Location: Dundalk , Maryland
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Dentistry
- Posting Date: 05/07/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Depends on Qualifications
Responsible for orientation, on-going education, supervision and evaluation of dental hygiene adjunct faculty members and updating the dental hygiene clinic manual. This position requires teaching responsibilities for pre-clinic courses. The Clinical Coordinator assures compliance with College, program, accrediting agency, CDC, OSHA standards, ADA guidelines, and accrediting agency standards.
- Registered Dental Hygienist with a Master’s Degree in Dental Hygiene or related field from a regional accredited institution.
- Licensed as a registered dental hygienist in the State of Maryland, or be eligible for licensure.
- Must have three years clinical experience and at least one year experience in teaching and scholarly experience in a dental hygiene program or another medical program.
- Knowledgeable of current technologies in clinic and appropriate to the area of instruction.
- Documented background in educational methodology.
- Supervisory/leadership experience required.
- Must be familiar with ADA Accreditation standards/guidelines.
- Familiarity with management of inventory.
- Must be able to multi task and adjust to a fast pace environment
For best consideration please apply by May 23, 2021.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Assures clinical instruction effectiveness by overseeing adjunct clinical faculty during clinical rotations.
- Provides orientation, ongoing education, supervision and evaluation to adjunct clinical faculty.
- Maintains open communication with program director concerning adjunct faculty members.
- Provides clinical and lab instruction as assigned, evaluates and provides feedback to students on clinical performance and competency evaluations.
- Maintains first year and second year student monitor duty rotations and chair assignments.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly maintenance on clinic equipment. Maintains repair log for clinic related equipment and coordinates with dental companies necessary repairs.
- Works with full-time faculty and program director on curriculum development relating to clinical rotations.
- Responsible for student advising.
10. Supports the College and Dental Hygiene mission and initiatives.
11. Coordinates surveys of graduation candidates, recent graduates, and employers/
program directors for outcomes assessment purposes.
12. Attend Pinning and Commencement ceremonies.