Accounting Specialist - Business Services
- Delaware Technical Community College
- Location: Wilmington, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Business And Financial Management
- Posting Date: 05/12/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Position Title||Accounting Specialist - Business Services|
|Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Hiring Location||George Campus-Wilmington, DE|
|Contact Phone Number||(302) 573-5469|
|Contact Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Work Location||George Campus-Wilmington, DE|
|Position Specific Details||
The incumbent in this position will interface with students, faculty, staff, and external guests managing frontline operations for the Business Office. The incumbent will maintain and reconcile a variety of ledgers and accounts. The weekly schedule may vary depending upon the operational needs of the department.
|Classification Title||Accounting Specialist|
|Job Code||4065 (FT), 4565 (PT)|
|Position Pay Grade||B/C 08|
The incumbent is responsible for basic accounting activities and the application of basic accounting practices and principles in support of a section, division, or department fiscal function. In addition, the incumbent conducts some research and makes recommendations regarding policies and procedures related to tuition and student accounts.
|Nature and Scope||
Work is typically performed with supervision by a technical or administrative supervisor. Assignments may be stable or varied in nature and are carried out in accordance with accepted accounting standards and principles as well as any applicable State or Federal regulations. Duties encompass basic accounting functions such as posting and reconciling accounts and reporting account activities. Incumbents resolve discrepancies which require interaction with other State agencies, vendors and the public. Incumbents perform a variety of basic accounting duties and may supervise of group of accounting, clerical, and other personnel.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Maintains and reconciles a variety of ledgers and accounts. Conduct audits.
2. Conducts research, drafts materials for, and makes recommendations to the campus Business Manager regarding tuition and student account policies and procedures. Investigates student queries and appeals.
3. Prepares a variety of reports on financial activities and status for budget preparation and monitoring.
4. Ensures accurate codes and charges for all encumbrances and disbursements.
5. Interacts with vendors, State agencies, and the public to answer questions and to resolve account and billing discrepancies.
6. Trains, assigns, and reviews the work of clerical employees performing related duties when needed.
7. Evaluates effectiveness of current workflows and recommends changes. Serves on inter-departmental committees to review and coordinate campus processes.
8. Performs cashier duties as required.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
|Knowledge Skills and Abilities||
Knowledge of principles and practices of basic accounting.
Associate’s degree in a relevant field and two (2) years of relevant experience; or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Number of Vacancies|
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Applicant Instructions|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document
- Multi Media
- First Letter of Reference