Senior Accountant, Foundation
- Frederick Community College
- Location: Frederick, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Business And Financial Management
- Posting Date: 05/31/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Provide day to day financial support, recordkeeping, analysis, and reconciliation of financial data to allow for timely and accurate financial presentation to the Executive Director for the Office of Institutional Advancement and the Foundation Finance Committee. Support the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Advancement and the FCC Foundation Board, as requested. Perform Fixed Asset management for the College and assist with General Ledger accounting. This position is also responsible for assisting with year-end audit preparation for the College and the Foundation. Manage data requests for the County audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Perform all general ledger functions including preparation of journal entries, posting of entries to Razor’s Edge (Foundation’s accounting software), and reconciliation of accounts for the FCC Foundation, Inc. and the FCC Fund, Inc.
2. Reconcile Foundation investment funds on a monthly basis.
3. Manage accounts payable and check preparation for all FCC Foundation, Inc. and FCC Fund, Inc. expenditures.
4. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in a timely manner for the FCC Foundation, Inc. and the FCC Fund, Inc.
5. Present monthly financial reports to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors for the Foundation.
6. Perform the Foundation’s month-end and year-end closing process.
7. Prepare and file the Foundation’s IRS Form 1099s.
8. Manage the FCC Foundation, Inc. and the FCC Fund, Inc. annual financial audits and serve as liaison with auditors, including the preparation and/or providing of any related audit schedules.
9. Provide support to the Foundation Treasurer and the Foundation Finance Committee.
10. Prepare and file the FCC Foundation, Inc. and the FCC Fund, Inc. tax returns (IRS Form 990) in consultation with the auditors.
11. Prepare and file annual charitable registration forms for multiple states for the FCC Foundation, Inc.
12. Prepare and file personal property tax returns for the FCC Foundation, Inc. and the FCC Fund, Inc.
13. Prepare and file the Foundation’s quarterly Sales and Use Tax returns.
14. Manage and maintain FCC’s fixed asset system including calculation and posting of monthly depreciation and year-end reconciliations.
15. Manage the accounting requirements for the General Ledger (adjusting entries, reversing entries, accruals, deferrals, etc.).
16. Manage data requests by the County during the County audits.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Five (5) years of accounting experience
3. Possess strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
4. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Accounting Standards (GAS), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and other applicable accounting standards
5. Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing software
1. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field
2. Experience with accounting for 501c (3) organizations
3. Experience working in a college accounting or finance department
4. A strong back ground in foundation accounting with an understanding of financial statement reporting
5. Knowledge of and experience working with automated accounting systems (Financial Edge and/or PeopleSoft Financials a plus)
6. Experience with budget development and financial analysis