Administrative Support Assistant III
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Location: Catonsville , Maryland
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 06/03/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
$39,778.00 - $42,201.00 Annually
6/16/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
The purpose of this class is to provide advanced level administrative support services to assigned department, school or division.
High school diploma/GED and seven years related office experience or Associate’s Degree and five years related office experience; knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications; must complete and pass Microsoft testing modules which includes Word and Excel and demonstrate the ability to type 45 wpm; experience in higher education preferred.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Assist and provide information to students, faculty, administrators and the college community in person and on the telephone.
- Assist with special projects, meetings and/or special events.
- Serve as liaison between department or program and other offices or organizations.
- Research, analyze and process data into college systems.
- Maintain records and files.
- Assist with area budget process.
- Compile reports, documents, forms and correspondence.
- Create and track check requests, requisitions, work orders and other request forms.
- Manage calendars for department personnel.
- Process and manage all relevant course, program and/or personnel paperwork.
Position Specific Essential Duties
1.Assist the Chief Information Officer with administrative tasks related to the functioning of the Information Technology Department. High level of skill with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and other College standard software applications. Perform College wide scheduling of meetings with the CIO and senior management of the ITS department to include vendors, contractors, and consultants.
2. High level skill using the College’s Banner Enterprise Resource Planning system with ability to enter and track purchase requsitions, track budget expenditures, update the departments financial information, enter and track employee payroll and attendance data, and other administrative functions.
3. Maintain and manage the calendars of the Chief Information Officer and ITS Directors.
4. Under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer, assist and support management of the Information Technology Department budget and purchasing process to include contracts, requisitions, and coordination with CCBC departments, contractors, vendors and consultants. Prepare and submit after approval departmental timesheets and payrolls.
5. Work independently and solve problems.
6. Train and supervise work-study and hourly employees within the department.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.