Asst Dir, Enrollment Services
- Valencia College
- Location: Orlando, Florida
Admin-Admissions and Enrollment
- Posting Date: 06/08/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Provides leadership support for planning, developing, managing, and collaborating on programs and strategies for enrollment management and student affairs that support the College’s comprehensive strategic plan to recruit, retain, and serve a vibrant and diverse student body. Supervises inbound/outbound student communication center. Collaborates with student services leadership to ensure efficient and responsive admissions, records, graduation, advising, assessment, financial aid, business office, new student experience, and general services communication and issue resolution.
Monday and Wednesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
1. Collaborates with Director of Enrollment Services to hire, supervise, develop, train, and evaluate staff in multi-channel (phone, email, chat, SMS, etc.) contact center that uses a developmental approach to empower and assist students, prospective students, families, and community members.
2. Supervises staff in day-to-day activities and coordinates schedules and work assignments to ensure high-quality customer service is provided and student needs are met.
3. Conducts regular, comprehensive quality assurance activities to ensure that service delivery is accurate, effective, efficient, and high quality; making changes and updates as needed.
4. Facilitates synergistic communication and processes across the college’s departments, including Answer Centers, Admissions & Registration, Records & Graduation, Orientation, Atlas, Bursar, International Student Services, Continuing Education, Academic Departments, and Financial Aid to promote student enrollment and ensure that inquiries are appropriately routed.
5. Responds to escalated contacts by multiple channels including phone and email, working to regain a positive experience for the constituent while providing options for resolution.
6. Reviews SharePoint tickets for accuracy, responds to issues as possible, routes to proper departments, analyzes and identifies trends, monitors for completion, and reports and acts to correct issues.
7. Works closely with functional technical team and OIT to develop, test, and implement new systems.
8. Collaborates with the Marketing Department to develop, coordinate, and implement marketing and enrollment plans for prospective students, current students, targeted constituent groups, and others.
9. Provides innovative leadership in developing processes, programs, and products that serve prospective and current students.
10. Supports collaboration with Transitions Planning, Marketing and Media Relations, Admissions, Financial Aid and other college partners to implement the college’s enrollment plan and achieve enrollment goals.
11. Leads the management of student prospects and monitors the enrollment funnel to ensure a successful conversion of inquiries to enrollments; maintains the department’s customer relationship management system and ensures that the system is regularly monitored, evaluated, updated, and adjusted as needed.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Experience in admissions or other student services offices including financial aid, records, registration, or advising for higher education.
Experience developing partnerships with various out-of-department constituencies.
Knowledge of higher education and the mission of the community college.
Knowledge of college admissions/records/financial aid policies and requirements and the ability to comply with state and federal regulations applicable to Valencia.
Knowledge of limited access admissions requirements, State of Florida policies regarding residency, State of Florida statues governing the Florida College System, and governing board rules.
Skill in effectively communicating, orally, in writing, and in individual and group settings.
Skill in the use of personal computers, software, and related technology, such as: general office software, relational databases, reporting systems, phone systems, CRM software, and student portals.
Ability to appropriately manage, lead, and develop a diverse group of employees and student personnel to address issues thoroughly and to full resolution.
Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments, organize work, make decisions, and function independently to meet deadlines.
Ability to diagnose issues from a systems perspective and design strategies that fix the system.
Ability to analyze operational data, identify issues and trends, make recommendations, and prepare reports.
Ability to reason, exercise judgment and discretion, and make sound decisions.
1 Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. The employee will routinely operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, keyboards, mouse, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Typical physical competencies include but are not limited to frequently remaining stationary, moving, reaching, positioning self and occasionally ascending/descending, lifting/moving objects weighing between 5-15 pounds. This job also entails frequently communicating, discerning and exchanging information, detecting and perceiving objects up close, at a distance, and the ability to adjust focus. Cognitive abilities include but are not limited to frequently using discretion, judgment, reasoning, memory, learning, maintaining confidentiality, comprehension, problem solving, and decision-making.
The typical work environment, physical and cognitive demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The College has a process to identify and make available reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.