Specialist 2, Video Conferencing, Information Technology (Internal Only)
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 06/17/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleSpecialist 2, Video Conferencing, Information Technology (Internal Only)
Open Internally or ExternallyInternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Director of Technology
Position TypeNew position
Starting Salary$34,329 - $38,621
Job Open Date06/17/2021
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date06/24/2021
Responsible for scheduling and coordination of technical support and facilities connected with SLCC Video Conferencing systems, Web Conferencing Systems, Teleconferencing and EDNET systems in response to requests from SLCC faculty, staff and administration as well as other educational and government users and off-campus commercial clients.
Responsible for designing, programming, maintaining and troubleshooting SLCC video conferencing facilities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Coordinate, facilitate, and schedule requests for technical support, use and access to video and teleconferencing systems from college faculty, staff and administration as well as other educational and governmental users and off-campus commercial clients. Provide training in use of SLCC video conferencing systems as needed.
Design, program, maintain and troubleshoot SLCC video conferencing facilities.
Maintain current and complete documentation for events, programs, and classes supported, including filing of UEN request forms, communication of operations, procedures to users, preparing reports, documentation of scheduling logistics, and coordination of on-going feedback and communication regarding needs associated with programs, personnel, and processes.
Maintain up-to-date professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
Other duties as assigned.
AV system certification(s)
- Associate degree or a minimum of 60 semester credits.
- Two (2) to Four (4) years experience in a technical support role
- Trade off 1:1 in experience/education requirement.
- Experience with video conferencing systems
- Experience with professional AV system integration products (e.g. Extron, Crestron)
Current employee of Salt Lake Community College
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Scheduling resources and logistics
- Experience with web based video conferencing tools
- Experience with video and audio conferencing equipment (e.g. Cisco, Tandberg, Polycom)
- Video conferencing room design, programming, and troubleshooting
- Internet use and access
- Standard computer operating system usage, including Windows, Macintosh, and/or Linux operating platforms
- Understand basics of networking, Internet Protocols, and routing
- Proficient with standard word processing, e-mail, and spreadsheet computer applications
- VCR and video camera operation
- Budget/cost proposal preparation for clients
- public relations skills
- Must communicate well through voice mail, e-mail, in person and via memos as required
- Work effectively under very stressful situations
- Work with a variety of clients
- Adapt to change on short notice and manage time effectively
- Collect data, write and prepare reports and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/benefits/benefitsinformation.aspx
Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.