Specialist 2, Instructional Technology (Internal Only)
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Admin-Instructional Technology And Design
- Posting Date: 06/18/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleSpecialist 2, Instructional Technology (Internal Only)
Open Internally or ExternallyInternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Assistant Director 2, Instructional Technology Services
Position TypeNew position
Starting Salary$34,329 – $38,295
Job Open Date06/18/2021
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date06/25/2021
Responsible for maintenance and repair of multimedia equipment in the 175+ Electronic Classrooms on the Taylorsville Redwood and Meadowbrook Campuses. Provide technical support and troubleshooting for instructors in Electronic Classrooms; provide logistical support for various events scheduled in Electronic Classrooms or other venues on the campuses. Coordinate and assist the Taylorsville Redwood Library Media Services staff in helping SLCC faculty, staff, students, and community users with circulation, scheduling, delivery, set up, and operation of multimedia hardware and software.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Assist instructors and troubleshoot problems with the Electronic Classrooms at the Redwood and West Valley campuses. Provide customer assistance and answer questions relating to the use of instructional technology. Develop regular maintenance schedules for all instructional equipment and arrange for repairs of broken items.
Work with the Director of Media Services and Electronic Classrooms on system-wide projects relating to Electronic Classroom development. Projects may include design of new classrooms, construction upgrades of existing spaces, and purchases of instructional equipment and miscellaneous supplies. Provide on-site supervision of outside vendors working on classrooms upgrade projects.
Assist with records management and property inventories, and maintenance of the Department website
Other duties as assigned
(1) Associates Degree in electronics or related field required. Associate degree in electronics preferred.
(2) Two years of related paid full time work experience, including a minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
Substitution may occur as follows:
*Additional appropriate education/training may be substituted on a two for one year basis for required work experience.
*Additional appropriate work experience may be substituted on a two-for-one year basis for required education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with electronics and a wide range of audio-visual systems
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
*Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Outlook e-mail program
- Skillful at effectively prioritizing tasks and achieving objectives with minimum supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Will work within standard college policies
- Operate and maintain various types of instructional media equipment and supplies (data projectors,
document cameras, sound equipment, VCR/DVD players, digital cameras, etc.)
- Interpret schematic diagrams and technical documentation
- Solve problems effectively while operating in stressful situations
- Communicate with a wide variety of college personnel, including faculty, staff, and students
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions
- Correctly operate electronic repair tools
- Instruct others in the use of media equipment and resources
- Ability to climb ladders and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, and ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities.
More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/benefits/benefitsinformation.aspx
Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.