Specialist II, Student Services & Faculty Support (Herriman Annex) (Part-Time)
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 06/18/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleSpecialist II, Student Services & Faculty Support (Herriman Annex) (Part-Time)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Coordinator I
DepartmentStudent Services South Region
Job CategoryPart-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work LocationHerriman Center
Starting Salary$12.55 - $13.80
Job Open Date06/18/2021
Open Until FilledYes
This position reports to the South Region Student Services & Faculty Support Coordinator and works under general supervision to ensure support for students/faculty/staff at the Herriman Center.
• Assist students and prospective students with admissions, registration, records, and college program questions. Connect faculty and students with additional resources, as needed.
•Assist faculty with classroom technology, supplies, and other services as needed. Open/lock up building depending on shift.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Student Services – Assist students in the following areas, including but not limited to:
• Participate in the daily operation of the center. Respond courteously and promptly to in-person and telephone inquiries, serving diverse populations in a warm inclusive manner. Provide accurate, consistent information.
• Assist students and potential students with admissions applications, registration, records, transcripts, SLCC systems, financial aid, DRC accommodations, printing, UTA bus pass activation and other questions and needs that arise.
Faculty Support – Assist faculty members in the following areas, including but not limited to:
• Classroom setup and entry, laptop checkout, supplies, electronic support, and technology. Checkout program-specific supplies.
• Classroom technology: Conduct basic troubleshooting for classroom equipment when appropriate and refer unresolved problems to Classroom Technology personnel for appropriate and immediate resolution. Collect feedback regarding classroom technology and pass it on to campus Classroom Technology and Information Technology staff.
General Site Support – Provide telephone coverage, including but not limited to accurately disseminating general information about the college and taking messages for faculty and staff.
• Site safety & security: Assist in the security of facility and equipment, including opening and locking building and/or classrooms as required. Notify Facilities and/or Public Safety when any security concerns arise. Be aware of institutional policies and procedures, including approved safety and security procedures. Participate in campus emergency training and assist in the event of campus emergencies.
Experience specific to higher education
• One (1) year post high school education
• One (1) year full-time (or equivalent) work experience
• Basic computer proficiency including Microsoft Office suite and computer-based information and scheduling systems
• Ability to operate and conduct basic troubleshooting of classroom technology
• Knowledge and experience with Banner
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of diverse individuals, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
• Ability to effectively convey and receive messages in person as well as via phone and email
• Basic computer literacy
• Excellent customer services skills, cultural competencies, and sensibilities
• Analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving
• Ability to follow oral and written procedures and instructions
• Take initiative in identifying and promoting development opportunities
• Ability to operate a computer and general office and classroom audio/visual equipment
• Organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
• Basic facility and inventory management skills
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities and special needs.
REQUIRED: Cover Letter & Resume with two personal references.
Location: Herriman Annex
13011 S Pioneer St (6000 W) Herriman, UT
This position is for our afternoon/evening shift and may vary each semester, depending on class schedule.
Tentative Work Schedule:
Monday 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Wednesday 4:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday shift hours are pending
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.