Coordinator, Community Relations (Part Time) (One Year Temporary)
Open Internally or Externally
If faculty, tenure track status
Reports to (title)
Director of Community Relations
Vice President Gov't & Community Relations
One Year Temporary
Part-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work Location
Taylorsville Redwood Campus
$17.28 - $19.05
Job Open Date
Open Until Filled
The Office of Community Relations helps connect Salt Lake Community College to our communities. We build upon relationships between the College and our communities to create mutual understanding and collaboration.
We are hiring a part-time coordinator to help launch and manage SLCC’s new community engagement database, create engaging content for both a newsletter and website, and support growth and assessment of community relations and engagement strategies, programs, and assessment.
Work under limited supervision
Work schedule is flexible
This position is currently eligible for a hybrid of telecommuting and on-campus work based at the Taylorsville-Redwood Campus
*Please note: This is a one-year contract with possibility of extension
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Duties will include:
· Manage community engagement database
· Assist with training staff and faculty on use of community engagement database
· Research, write, and edit engaging content for a bimonthly community relations newsletter and the website
· Assist the Community Relations Director in developing, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive outreach strategies
· Occasionally responsible for meeting notes
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Knowledge of Salesforce
· Experience with data entry
· Public relations, journalism, nonprofit communications, or other writing experience
· A minimum of one (1) years’ experience working in community outreach, community engagement, or public relations, preferably in a college, university, or non-profit setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Teams, SharePoint, and Excel
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and collegially
· Ability to plan, organize, and execute complex tasks
· Excellent organization, interpersonal, and oral/written/presentations skills
· Ability to strategically develop and sustain collaborative relationships
· Ability to communicate effectively with and work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
· Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Knowledge of and commitment to the College’s mission, vision, and values
· Ability to work independently and in teams
*Please note: This is a one-year contract with possibility of extension.
Please indicate on your resume if your work experience is full time or part time.
Successful completion of a criminal background check may be required for this position.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.