Specialist 3, Reverse Transfer/Next Step Associate
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 07/02/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleSpecialist 3, Reverse Transfer/Next Step Associate
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
Reports to (title)Coordinator 3, Graduation
DepartmentEnrollment Management (Student Affairs)- 4J0
Starting Salary$36,801.60 - $40,590.06
Job Open Date07/01/2021
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date07/16/2021
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Banner, DegreeWorks and Cognos knowledge.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of direct, paid, full-time work experience.
- Substitutions for education/experience are allowable on a 1:1 basis.
- Part-time experience will be prorated.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to organize, retrieve, manage and present large amounts of informational details.
- Knowledge of college catalog with understanding of academic requirements.
- Knowledge of transfer processes and articulation.
- Ability to use and/or experience with systems such as Banner, Degree Works and Cognos.
-Ability to use and/or experience with productivity software including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity to resolve conflicts and provide solutions.
- Knowledge of college policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of FERPA.
- Knowledge of general enrollment procedures.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet strict deadlines.
- Understanding of academic advising theory and practice.
- Knowledge of SLCC and community resources.
- Ability to work well as a team player with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, and ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.