New Beginnings Clerical Assistant- part time position
- Vernon College
- Location: Vernon, Texas
Admin-Business And Financial Management
- Posting Date: 09/21/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Description of Duties:
1) Work as a clerical assistant in the New Beginnings program under the direct supervision of the New Beginnings Coordinator.
2) Work with students in Lending Library issuing/receiving books, including paperwork involved.
3) Answering the telephone, taking messages, providing information to students about the New Beginnings program.
4) Delivering mail and paperwork to other offices on campus.
5) Preparing purchase requisitions through the Poise system.
6) Entering information into students' folder and maintaining student files.
7) Reviewing student applications for needed documentation and information.
8) Entering program information and statistics into Excel and Poise computer programs.
9) Preparing lists of students, reports and statistics as requested.
10) Typing letters, newsletters and other documents as requested.
11) Communicating with other Vernon College staff; disclosing/requesting information as appropriate and approved by New Beginnings coordinator in regard to the New Beginnings program.
Travel Required: Very little
Experience and Training: Must be proficient in Excel. Excellent communication skills and work ethic. Proficient computer skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Muar maintain confidentiality of students served.
Preferred Qualifications: Bookkeeping experience.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: High school diploma
Maximum Educational Qualifications: N/A
Salary or salary range: This is a part-time position paying $12 per hour. Position is available on October 15, 2021. This position will be open until filled.
This is a security-sensitive position and is subject to a criminal history record. Criminal history records will be used only for the purpose of evaluating applicants for employment in security-sensitive positions. (Texas Government Code 411.094 & Texas Education Code 51.215)