Coordinator, Institutional Research
- Durham Technical Community College
- Location: Durham, North Carolina
Admin-Institutional Research and Planning
- Posting Date: 09/23/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Title Coordinator, Institutional Research
Department Research, Evaluation, Assessment, and Planning
Master’s Degree with one year of appropriate work experience.
A minimum of one year of work experience directly related to data mining/analysis, database management, research, and/or evaluation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Problem-solving, acute attention to detail, and critical thinking skills.
- Skilled in report development for data analysis using software such as SAS, SPSS, Informer 5, and Power BI.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, meeting management, and effective oral and written communication/public relations skills.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understanding the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
- Excellent time management skills to complete tasks in a remote-based setting
The Coordinator, Institutional Research is responsible for annual and monthly data reporting internally and externally to the College. The Coordinator reports institutional data on behalf of the College to governmental agencies (IPEDS, NCCCS), accreditation bodies, and other external constituents; collects, analyzes, interprets, and reports data and information for internal and external ad hoc and reoccurring requests. In general, this work includes data extraction from multiple sources, including the college’s student information system (Colleague); compiling and organizing data, and submitting data for reporting purposes.
1. Compile, submit, and review for consistency, College data for IPEDS reports.
2. Serve as College NCCCS Annual Reporting Coordinator.
3. Serve as College liaison with the NC Community College System Office for meeting deadlines and other external requirements for data and for ensuring full college compliance with the NC Community College System Office’s Annual Report Plan.
4. Coordinate and oversee the compilation of data for the College Profile and other publications.
5. Prepare enrollment, persistence, and graduation reports in various formats (e.g., tables, charts, narratives) to satisfy federal, state, and other reporting requirements.
6. Assist with data collection for Academic Program Review and Service Area Review.
7. Work collaboratively with other College units to provide timely and relevant college facts and information upon demand.
8. Assist with the data needs of College-wide initiatives such as the strategic plan.
9. Assist Director, Research, Evaluation, Assessment, and Planning in compiling data for College dashboards on a quarterly and annual basis.
10. Provide in-house training for employees on data literacy and other research topics.
11. Serve on College committees, councils, or teams, as requested and supported by the Director.
12. Perform additional duties or activities as assigned by department supervisor, division vice president, and/or the president.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.
- The employee’s shift requires them to be online and available for the majority of the College operating hours of 8 am to 5 pm in order to allow for collaboration with fellow employees. The employee is required to work remotely using secure, non-public WiFi. The employee must be able to attend mandatory meetings and events on campus as needed. The employee is required to attend weekly check-in calls with the Director and bi-weekly check-in calls with the Chief Strategy Officer. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day or four-and-one-half-day work weeks.
Required Working Hours
A primarily remote position with a minimum 40-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities.
Job Type Full Time Staff