Century City Center - Student Success Specialist
- Vernon College
- Location: Vernon, Texas
Admin-Student Affairs and Services
- Posting Date: 10/12/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Description of Duties: This position is responsible to the Student Success Pathway Director.
1) Provides intensive guidance to students through academic advising, academic coaching, counseling/wellness, and academic probation programming.
2) Provide additional support through group presentation programming (e.g., orientation).
3) Identify, provide outreach and determine appropriate support services for at-risk student populations.
4) Implement and maintain processes and procedures to enhance retention, academic progression, completion of a certificate or associated degree, transfer student engagement, and effective advisement.
5) Assist with the collection of a certificate or associated degree, transfer, student engagement, and effective advisement.
6) Assist with the collection and analysis of data pertaining to high impact guidance and intrusive advising activities and programming.
7) Function as a team member of the Division of Student Services professional staff in the development and implementation of processes and procedures necessary to accomplish the goals and philosophy of the division and the College.
8) Work collaboratively with faculty and staff, outside of student success.
9) Perform other duties as assigned in support of the institution's mission.
Travel Required: Minimal
Experience and Training: Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, both oral and written. Good customer service skills. Must be detail oriented.
Education: Master's degree in counseling or related field is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team Ability to establish/maintain appropriate and effective communication and interpersonal relations throughout the campus, college. and local community. Maintain a positive, professional and businesslike manner to students and other personnel, at all times. Knowledge of an experience with computer systems, programs and applications.
Preferred Qualifications: 1-3 years experience in counseling or related field. Prior experience working in a college student/success environment is preferred.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: Master's degree
Maximum Educational Qualifications: N/A
Salary or Salary Range: This is a 12 month full time position with Vernon College benefits. Salary range is $43,138 to $49,704 depending on education and experience. Applications will be accepted until October 26th, 2021. This position is available November 1st, 2021.
This is a security-sensitive position and is subject to a criminal history record. Criminal history records will be used only for the purpose of evaluating applicants for employment in security-sensitive positions. (Texas Government Code 411.094 & Texas Education Code 51.215)