Food Service Assistant - Temporary Part-time
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Posting Date: 10/21/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleFood Service Assistant - Temporary Part-time
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary Range$16.30 - $17.93/Hourly
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years of related experience in the hotel, restaurant of food service industry or related course work.
- Servesafe certificate in food service required.
- Assist Chef in office with documentation and implementing safety control and operation procedures in a timely manner.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service, report for duty punctually and in the correct uniform.
- Carry out duties as assigned, also refer to cleaning schedules and perform the necessary duties.
- Collect the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment from Supervisor.
- Assemble and check equipment when necessary to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the Supervisor.
- Clean and sanitize stoves, ovens, grills, refrigerators, and using cleaning solutions.
- Washes utensils, such as pots, pans, and trays by hand using the proper cleaning detergents. Washes dishware, glasses, and cutlery by hand or machine. Occasionally polishes utensils. Drains dries and stacks items after washing.
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer to kitchen using the proper equipment. Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer.
- May help set up barbecue equipment such as charcoal pits and food warmers.
- Assist with creating and hanging proper signage in appropriate areas.
- Assemble remaining shelving in laundry room, storage room, and kitchen.
- Remove small ware/ flat ware from boxes and packages and place in designated area.
- Assist Supervisor with any other reasonable request.
- Work schedule subject to change based upon department needs.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation.
- Applicants must work as scheduled during peak testing periods.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledNo
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application Status; you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is immediately sent to your references listed on your application. Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background investigation.