Business Management Program Chair and Instructor
- West Georgia Technical College
- Location: LaGrange, Georgia
- Posting Date: 10/22/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position: Business Management Program Chair and Instructor
Location: Douglas Campus
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Associate Dean, School of Business and Public Services
FLSA Designation: Exempt; works minimum of 40 hours per week; 12 months
Nature of Instructor Duties:
- Under general supervision, prepares lesson plans for instruction.
- Develops program curriculum, syllabi, goals, and objectives.
- Develops and edits Blackboard master course shells.
- Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives.
- Grades all coursework in a timely manner.
- Requests and maintains supplies and equipment.
- Prepares budget requests.
- Maintains program certification/accreditation requirements as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports, including those for accrediting bodies.
- Attends professional development training, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the discipline area.
- Meets with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues.
- Assists with recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts.
- Instructs courses in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the discipline.
- Provides instruction in theory and practical applications of the discipline in accordance with state academic standards.
- Works collaboratively with faculty within discipline to establish, measure, and evaluate program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success, and submits student learning outcome results to program chair.
- Utilizes current technology in the classroom/lab.
- Serves on committees and project assignments as necessary.
- Performs other duties and activities as assigned.
- Position may require day/evening classes in a multiple-campus setting, including online.
Program Chair Duties:
- Participates in the search and selection of qualified adjunct faculty.
- Serves on interview committees of potential full-time instructors as requested by the Dean or Associate Dean.
- Works with the Dean/Associate Dean for mentoring of new full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Works with faculty to support course consistency in accordance with the official course requirements and state standards to include monitoring of published documents, syllabi, and program information in compliance with these requirements and standards.
- Oversees Blackboard master course shells.
- Coordinates the selection and application of course materials to include textbooks, instructional supplemental materials and aids, online educational resources (OER), and instructional technology with dean/associate dean oversight.
- Provides leadership within the respective discipline by identifying Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and ensuring that content and instructional activities are integrated into course delivery, so students can achieve the desired outcomes.
- Documents and reports Student Learning Outcome (SLO) results in Taskstream.
- Plans and participates in discipline-specific advisory committees.
- Assists the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness by providing documentation, in a timely manner, of activities required by the Performance Accountability System, including the activities (minutes, Program of Work, and committee membership) of advisory committees with oversight from the Dean/Associate Dean.
- Serves as the faculty representative for their respective program/department on committees, marketing initiatives, and external industry and professional contacts.
- Makes recommendations to the Dean/Associate Dean concerning program expenditures within the established budget parameters and administrative procedures.
- Travels to all campuses on which the program/department resides to meet with peers and work on initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications: (candidates must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered)
- Master’s Degree in Business Management or Master’s degree in a related discipline (ex: Human Resource Management; Employment Law; Business Administration; Management; Finance; Economics; Accounting; Marketing; Leadership, Organization and Management; E-Business/E-Commerce; Technology Management; Global Business Management; International Business Operations/Project Management) with a minimum of 18 semester graduate hours in the teaching discipline from an accredited institution
- Valid Driver’s License