PT Innovation Specialist - Online Learning & Instructional Innovation
- Bunker Hill Community College
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Faculty-Vocational & Technical-Other
- Posting Date: 10/25/2021
- Application Deadline: 12/25/2021
Location: Boston, MA Category: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions Posted On: Wed Oct 20 2021 Job Description:
This is a part-time support staff position with the Online Learning and Instructional Innovation program at Bunker Hill Community College. The part-time assistant will provide basic front-line support to faculty, staff and students who visit the Online Learning and Instructional Innovation Lab to learn about new digital learning tools and receive assistance using software including the campus LMS (Moodle) and Digication (the ePortfolio platform).
The assistant will be also be expected to provide friendly and professional responses to inquiries made to the Online Learning and Instructional Innovation department's Innovation Lab by phone, email, and virtual meeting spaces. Innovation Specialists will also assist with Innovation Lab operations, including managing files, updating support documents, and updating communications materials.
- Applicants must be able to work remotely and in the Innovation Lab on the Charlestown campus.
- Knowledge of the English language including spelling, word meaning and word usage. Ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Experience with a Learning Management System on a college campus (within the past five years); as a student in a course, as an instructor, or professional staff working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to think creatively, work on multiple projects under deadlines, and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including experience with, and a willingness to present in front of audiences of 30+ people and the ability to give written and oral instructions in a precise and understandable manner.
- Willingness to learn other skills used in support of teaching, learning, and distance education.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise patience and compassion while training users of various skill levels.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail when managing tasks.
- Ability to work remotely, including access to computer with internet connection, web-camera, and microphone/speaker or headset.
Salary/hours: 18hrs/wk @ $20.00/hr (non-benefitted)
Closing Date: Open until filled