- Los Angeles Community College District
- Location: Los Angeles, California
Admin-Extension and Outreach
- Posting Date: 10/25/2021
- Application Deadline: 11/12/2021
The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) invites applications for the position of Student Recruiter. This position implements and organizes college recruitment campaigns and activities to attract students to a variety of college programs.
MONTHLY SALARY: $4,391 - $5,440
*Salary Information is based on a full-time, 12-month position
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION:
Education and Experience:
A. An associate degree or its equivalent from a recognized community college or university AND one year of full-time, paid experience participating in the implementation of a student recruitment program, promotion of a student services program or community services program, or a related field.
B. Graduation from high school or its equivalent AND two years of full-time, paid experience participating in the implementation of a student recruitment program, promotion of a student services program or community services program, or a related field.
A valid Class “C” California driver's license is required. Travel to locations throughout the District is required.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
Vacancies currently exist at Los Angeles Pierce College, 6201 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills, CA 91371 and West Los Angeles College, 9000 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA 90230. The hiring list established by this examination will be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list.
- Medical and dental insurance and vision care plans are provided for employees and their dependents.
- A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided free of charge for each employee.
- 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave.
- At least 15 paid holidays per year.
- Vacation days accrue annually beginning at 10 days and increasing incrementally to 24 days depending on years of service with the District. Vacation days for management and confidential positions begin at 15, 20, or 24 days.
- Other paid time off includes: bereavement leave, personal necessity leave, court subpoena, and jury duty.
- Employees become members of the Public Employees Retirement System. The employee contribution rate is 6 percent. The District also contributes to the retirement system. Employees are also covered by Social Security.
- Employee Assistance Program
The examination process may consist of one or more parts which may include a written test, performance test and/or oral interview.
Individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request, orally or in writing, an accommodation in the examination process. Documentation of the need for accommodation is required solely for the purpose of establishing that the applicant has an ADA disability and that the disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation. Typically, a recent letter from an appropriate health care or rehabilitation professional which establishes that the applicant has an ADA qualifying disability, identifies the functional limitations as they relate to the testing situation, and recommends/suggests the appropriate accommodation is sufficient. In order for appropriate arrangements to be made at the testing site, a request for accommodation and required documentation must be received by the Examiner of Record at least 3 days prior to the administration of the test.
HOW TO APPLY and DEADLINE
Apply Online at
Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system by 4:00 P.M. on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2021. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. For a listing of other job opportunities with the Los Angeles Community College District, refer to our Web Page.