Information Security Analyst
- Los Angeles Community College District
- Location: Los Angeles, California
Admin-Computer and Information Technology-Programming/Analyst
- Posting Date: 10/29/2021
- Application Deadline: 11/19/2021
An Information Security Analyst analyzes and evaluates information systems, assets, and communication technology of the District and colleges to ensure compliance with the District’s information security plan. Employees in this class work at a journey-level and are expected to work independently and without immediate supervision.
MONTHLY SALARY: $9,237.50-$11,443.64 ($110,850.00-$137,323.68 annually)
*Salary Information is based on a full-time, 12-month position.
A vacancy exists at the Los Angeles Community College District Office, 770 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017.
- District-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for employee and dependents.
- $50,000 District-paid life insurance policy.
- 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave.
- A minimum of 15 paid holidays per year.
- Up to 24 days of vacation annually depending on years of service.
- Public Employees Retirement System.
- Employee Assistance Program.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION:
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university preferably with a major in computer science, computer engineering, network security, information security, information technology, mathematics, or a related field.
Three years of recent, full-time, paid, professional-level experience in network administration and maintenance in an environment with a variety of network devices, DDNS, VPN, and firewalls.
Possession of one or more of the following certifications or an equivalent is required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA)
The professional licenses must remain current and valid throughout employment with the District.
A valid Class “C” California driver's license may be required for some positions.
Travel to locations throughout the District may be required for some positions.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
The examination process may consist of one or more parts which may include a training and experience evaluation, written test, performance test, and/or oral interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system https://jobapscloud.com/LACCD/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=21&R2=1078&R3=001. Please see link for more information on the job and the filing deadline.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 7:30AM – 4:30PM
The Los Angeles Community College District is the largest community college district in the nation offering educational opportunities to students in more than 40 cities covering an area of 882 square miles serving approximately 9.8 million residents. The LACCD is composed of nine comprehensive colleges and a District Office, which together employ approximately 2,200 classified (non-teaching) employees in 315 job classifications.