Public Safety Officer II (Cpl) (S03962)
- Montgomery College
- Location: Rockville, Maryland
Admin-Police and Public Safety
- Posting Date: 11/19/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Public Safety Officer II (Cpl) (S03962)
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College has multiple openings for FT Public Safety Officers in the Department of Public Safety. The work schedule is 5 days/40 hours a week. Must be able and willing to work at any campus and on any shift. This is a Non-Bargaining, non-exempt, grade 15 position. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Patrols campus parking lots and surrounding grounds/facilities, noting dangers (potential and existing), defects or violations.
- Enforces parking policies through issuance of parking tickets and towing of vehicles when necessary.
- Observes, identifies and responds to safety and security incidents and situations, as well as acts as a deterrent to crime and other unlawful activity by providing high visibility throughout the campus.
- Responds to emergencies and suspicious activity, investigates incidents and prepares reports.
- Conducts thorough security and safety checks of assigned College facilities, to include checking for open doors, windows, and/or other unsafe conditions.
- Serves as a designated - CSA Campus Security Authority.
- Documents violations of College policies and completes incident reports.
- Responds to complaints/calls related to possible criminal activity, coordinate with applicable authorities if necessary, and prepare incident reports.
- Investigates complaints made by faculty, staff, or students on campus.
- Locks and unlocks campus buildings and offices as necessary as well as lockdown of campus buildings during emergency conditions and campus closings.
- Controls personnel/visitor access and tracks activities where applicable.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance, including medical emergencies.
- Administers first aid and/or call for additional assistance as needed.
- Work closely with outside agencies (police and fire) on matters relating to the safety and security of the College community.
- High school diploma or GED, and any combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- One (1) year of continuous public safety experience at a higher education institution or two (2) years of experience as a security officer
- Valid driver's license and evidence of a good driving record.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal and state laws as they relate to safety/security, basic emergency management, and other related protocol.
- Knowledge of fire hazards, first aid methods/application, radio communications, and electronic monitoring/alarm equipment and systems.
- Ability to perform building and area safety and security work, including patrolling College grounds individually or in a vehicle.
- Ability to participate in hazardous material (Haz-Mat) training and perform related required tasks
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- First Aid
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Salary Range: $17.40 to $21.75 hourly. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by 11/20/2021
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, November 19, 2021