Business Instructor * Full-time
- Aaniiih Nakoda College
- Location: Harlem, Montana
- Posting Date: 11/29/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Business Instructor * Full-time
Aaniiih Nakoda College is seeking a full-time Business Instructor. The instructor is responsible for teaching students in classrooms and internship environments. The instructor shall assist with the recruitment and retention of students in this program. The instructor shall maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice and trends in the business and entrepreneur fields. The instructor shall actively participate in college life and activities. Benefits: Paid holidays, health, dental, vision insurance, 401K. Under the supervision of the Dean of Academic Affairs, the Business Instructor shall:
- teach approximately 15 credits per semester;
- serve as academic advisor to students in the Business program;
- serve on Curriculum Committee and other committees as assigned;
- perform periodic program assessment activities;
- coordinate the review and revision of the Business curriculum;
- supervise student research and internship activities;
- willing to work with a full range of college students.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of and unreserved commitment to Aaniiih Nakoda College’s mission and educational philosophy;
- Understanding and demonstrated knowledge of higher educational and vocational training;
- Solid knowledge and experience in the field of business education;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Student advising and transcript evaluation;
- Gifts of teaching and leadership both in the classroom and beyond; and,
- Ability to integrate academic and cultural understanding.
The Business Instructor will be responsible for teaching a full class load consisting of business courses depended upon the level of expertise and background of the successful candidate.
ACTG 201 Accounting I (4)
ACTG 202 Accounting II (4)
ACTG 210 Payroll Accounting (3)
AIS 130 Tribal Government (3)
BFIN 205 Personal Finance (3)
BGEN 105 Introduction to Business (3)
BGEN 235 Business Law (3)
BUS 104 Business Math (3)
BUS 180 Government Grants and Contracts (3)
BUS 190 Indianprenuership (3)
BUS 210 Workplace Ethics/Conflict Resolution (3)
BUS 290 Capstone (3)
ECNS 201 Microeconomics (3)
STAT 220 Statistics (3)
WRIT 122 Introduction to Business Writing (3)
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Business or Business Administration; preferred Master’s degree in Business or Business Administration or closely related field required; doctorate preferred;
- Minimum two years of teaching experience in the field of business;
- A strong background in post-secondary education is preferred;
- Must possess strong communication skills and demonstrate a sincere desire to work in tribal colleges;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurability.
Salary Negotiated; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Submit 1) Letter of Application; 2) Current Resume; 3) Official College Transcripts; 4) 3 current letters of recommendations. Please have letters for recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for. Please send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Closes November 19, 2021, 4:30 p.m.