- Westmoreland County Community College
- Location: Youngwood, Pennsylvania
Admin-Business And Financial Management
- Posting Date: 12/02/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Westmoreland County Community College is looking to fill a full time Accounting Technician position for the Youngwood, PA location. This position is responsible to process all payroll related items, calculations and wages and deductions of the biweekly payroll. In addition this position will process accounts payable payments, maintain vendor information and assist with the accounts receivable student accounts as needed.
Associate degree in a related field; Two years of accounting experience required; Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software required; Knowledge of the English language including excellent proofreading skills, alphabetizing, and the ability to prepare correspondence that is grammatically correct and error free required; Basic knowledge required of clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology; Basic knowledge required of professional office and telephone technology and procedures; PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal Record Check Clearance and FBI Federal Criminal History Record Clearance at employee's expense.Microsoft Excel software test required, with score of 60% or higher considered passing. Prior work performance must have met or exceeded appropriate work standards. Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The deadline to apply for this position is July 30, 2021.
The approximate value of the benefit package is $28,000 and includes the following:
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan - 10% college contribution
- PPO Medical/Prescription Drug - Includes coverage for spouse & eligible dependents; maximum employee contribution is 2.36%/gross wages.
- Dental - Includes coverage for spouse & eligible dependents; premiums 100% college paid.
- Vision - Includes coverage for spouse & eligible dependents; premiums 100% college paid.
- Life/AD&D - Coverage is 3x's employees base annual wages; premiums 100% college paid.
- Long Term Disability - Premiums 100% college paid.
- Tuition Waiver - For classes taken at Westmoreland; includes employee, spouse & eligible dependents.
- Tuition Reimbursement - for employee.
- Personal Days - 2 days/year.
- Sick Days 20 day/year.
- Vacation Days - 10-20 days/year based on classification & years of service.
Westmoreland County Community College is an EEO/AA Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.36 - $13.96 per hour
- One location
Work Location: One location