- College of Lake County
- Location: Grayslake, Illinois
Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 12/02/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Internal Position Title
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Associate’s Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of events coordination experience and/or experience in a higher education or non-profit development office.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Strong computer proficiency: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom or other virtual meeting software, and social media platforms including: Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Experience with data entry and reporting.
- Demonstrated reliability in handling cash, checks, and credit card information.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and maintaining confidential information.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational abilities with acute attention to detail, with high level of accuracy.
- Strong people skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to maintain a high level of professionalism while interacting with donors, members and volunteers.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years’ experience with event coordination and/or experience in a higher education or non-profit development office.
- Direct experience with fundraising/CRM or higher education software such as Raiser’s Edge, Academic Works, Salesforce, or Auction Maestro Net Community or another e-mail publisher.
- Creative design abilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Total Hours per week
Must be willing to work nights and/or weekends as required.
Software Testing Required
Powerpoint, Excel, MS Word, Windows, Outlook
Interview Process Requirements
Writing Samples, Presentation
Summary of Essential Functions
- Event Logistical Support: Organizes venue and vendor contracts, attendees and special guests, and other arrangements as requested and approved by supervisor, Executive Director, and CLC Foundation Board Events Committee or other planning committee.
- Event Marketing Materials: Organizes the creation, production, and/or publication of print and digital event marketing, promotional, and gift/sponsorship solicitation materials.
- Event Scheduling Support: Schedules meetings, coordinates meeting logistics, prepares required meeting/event materials, and takes detailed notes/minutes at the required external committee, internal staff, and other planning meetings.
- Event Volunteer Recruitment and Coordination: Recruits and coordinates event volunteers before and during events. Assesses volunteer needs, responsibilities/job descriptions, and provides training and evaluation of volunteers’ performance.
- Event Calendar: Maintains Foundation events and supporting meeting calendar and reports to Foundation team.
- Reconciliation of Scholarship Awards: Completes monthly review of awards-authorized against awards-disbursed.
- Donor Relations: Collects and prepares advancement materials under the direction of the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations Manager, Major Gift Officer, Executive Director, and/or other CLC Foundation leadership.
- Data Entry and Reporting: 10%
- Assists with set-up and maintenance of records in assigned fundraising and/or event software and databases.
- Produces requested donor and scholarship reports.
- Tracks progress of event/project plans and budgets.
- Provides and analyzes fundraising progress and performance reports leading up to and following projects and events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to effectively meet the needs of the CLC Foundation