Coordinator, Technical Training
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Admin-Instructional Technology And Design
- Posting Date: 12/03/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Coordinator, Technical Training
Salary : $55,723.00 - $89,413.00 Annually
Location : Catonsville Campus
Job Type : Full-Time Staff
Division : Instruction
Job Number : 2022-525
The position will coordinate certain programs within Applied Technology and Logistics focusing on Technical Training (Building & Industrial Technology and Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics).
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Two years of full time experience, and one year of full time supervisory and/or project management experience required in a relevant industry. Relevant industries include but are not limited to the following sectors: aerospace, business services, construction, defense, education, energy, government, information technology, life sciences, logistics, manufacturing, transportation, and associated service providers. Experience in a capacity that includes the planning and implementation of programs, services and/or products is required. Experience that includes the planning and implementation of training and/or work-based learning programs is preferred. Licensure/certifications related to education, industry, or program development/management preferred.
For best consideration please apply by December 19, 2021.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Coordinate a functional process within assigned College department or division.
- Design, develop and implement department programs or initiatives.
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain department records and files, as required.
- Facilitate and attend meetings, as required.
- Recruit, select, supervise, advise, and evaluate assigned staff, as required.
- Prepare, analyze and provide reports on miscellaneous subjects, as requested.
- Manage program expenses efficiently and economically.
- Identify, access and analyze program data in the college’s enterprise system.
- Develop new courses (including meeting accreditation and/or certification standards) and course series.
- Provide superior customer service and problem-solving to both students and contract training clients.
- Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate the college’s Technical Training classes.
- Accurately forecast, and track, annual unit revenue and FTE generation.
- Develop and achieve personal and business goals, and budgets that contribute to the unit and divisional goals and business plans.
- Identify, target and close contracts with existing and potential training customers.
- Recruit, select, train and supervise adjunct faculty and instructors.
- Represent and promote the college at affinity groups, professional and business associations and community and networking events.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Counsel and advise students.
- Manage supply of instructional material, student materials and equipment.