Applied Accounting Adjunct Instructor
- Laredo College
- Location: Laredo, Texas
- Posting Date: 12/03/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Applied Accounting Adjunct Instructor
Salary : See Position Description
Location : Laredo, TX 78040
Job Type : Part-Time (19 hours or less per week)
Division : Workforce Education
Job Number : 00183
Department : Business Management - Applied Accounting
Pay Grade : $750/SHE
SHE Amount : $750
Duties and Responsibilities
Application Pool Notice
Laredo College continuously accepts applications for part-time (adjunct) instructors to create a pool of candidates for each session/semester. Applications will be reviewed and positions will be filled based on department needs. Applications received for this pool will remain active for one year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide instructions and monitor teaching/learning effectiveness in courses assigned by the Department Chair, Dean of Workforce, or the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs and in which the instructor has appropriate qualifications. Use up-to-date discipline and pedagogical skills to ensure active participation and learning by students.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and on the first day of class, distribute departmental syllabus which inform students about course requirements, grading requirements, testing assignments, absence policy, and other pertinent information for each course assigned.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and examinations in a timely manner to inform students about their progress and to provide opportunities which will allow students to succeed. Use multiple measures of assessment. Include opportunities for research and outside assignments when appropriate.
- Provide a safe environment for students and be responsible for the security of assigned equipment, materials, and classrooms.
- Encourage the use of support services by students. Collaborate with support services staff to ensure that appropriate information is being shared and discussed.
- Meet all assigned classes on time in the assigned rooms and be available to students 15 minutes before class, except between classes when teaching back-to-back classes, and 15 minutes after class.
- Follow procedures related to the Registrar’s Office, including grade reports and deadlines, attendance record reports, withdrawal deadlines, mid-semester progress reports, and the like.
- Distribute student evaluation forms and/or surveys on a timely basis.
- Follow the academic calendar and other policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Trustees.
- Use current technology to enhance effectiveness, including but not limited to computers, overhead projectors, PowerPoint, DVD/VCR equipment, and the like.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- Master’s Degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in the area of Accounting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide service to a diverse population.
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to contribute to instructional vitality and growth.
- Knowledge of student outcomes assessment and institutional effectiveness.
- Cooperative team player.
- Must have a student-centered philosophy.
Supervision Exercised : N/A
Supervision Received : Business Management Chairperson
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
- Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
- Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
- Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
- May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
- May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.