- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Posting Date: 12/03/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Open Internally or Externally
If faculty, tenure track status
Reports to (title)
One Semester Temporary
Adjunct - Variable
Initial Work Location
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
2. Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators
3. Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments
4. Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards
5. Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades
6. Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance
7. Informs students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines
8. Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment
9. Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy
10. Maintains professional and collegial behavior
11. Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1‐2 days)
12. Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure
13. Completes all required employee trainings
14. Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines
15. Provides ADA accommodations as requested
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
1) In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment.
2) Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment within 30 days of hire.
3) In accordance with Board of Regents policy, SLCC’s Human Resources will conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment (K-12) students are assigned to classes.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.