Project Specialist-Dream Resource Center Project
- Coast Community College District
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 12/06/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Under general supervision, the Professional Expert provides assistance and support in accordance with assignments and directions from the supervisor.
- Have specialized knowledge or expertise not generally required of or found in the classifications established by the District.
- Must be specially trained, experienced, or competent to perform expert services.
- Are used on a temporary basis for a specific project or projects.
- Terms of employment will be described in the Professional Expert Agreement
*Retired CalPERS Annuitants: may not exceed 960 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)*
Assists the Supervisor with the planning, development, support and administration of the specially grant funded Dream Resources Center project. Assists Supervisor with ongoing assessment of the project to ensure project is meeting the goals and objectives set forth by the college.
This is a temporary, specially funded Professional Expert position to provide support for the Coastline College Dream Resources Center project supporting undocumented/Dreamer students. The Professional Expert will serve as a subject matter expert on laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to undocumented/Dreamer students.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides specialized subject matter support related to specialized programing, resources and support systems focused on supporting undocumented students.
- Assists with identifying and coordinating various support resources for undocumented students.
- Assists in collaboration with other departments and offices to ensure a coordinated approach to fully supporting undocumented students; serves as liaison within the campus and community for services and resources specifically related to undocumented students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications and Physical Demands
Education and Experience:
- Specialized professional knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices used in breaking barriers to highly impacted students’ education
- Knowledge of pertinent regulations governing immigration and its intersection with education (i.e. California State Sanctuary Law, DACA, California Dream Act)
- Knowledge of Student Support Programs (i.e. Equity, EOPS/CARE, CalWORKs, Guardian Scholars) Requires well developed language and human relations skills to explain technical concepts to others and conduct in-service training.
- Experience in creating communication tools including web sites and informational flyers regarding relevant campus programming and resources.
- Familiarity with programs tailored to meet the unique needs of mostly first-generation, underrepresented undocumented students and their families
- AA or the equivalent in human services; BA preferred.
- Conditions of Employment
This position will be OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
This is a professional expert, 40-hour per week position. The District reserves the right to extend, modify, or eliminate this position based upon available funds. The normal hours of work will be 8:00 am – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. However, some flexibility such as evenings and weekends may be required to meet the needs of the department. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
- Additional Information
PE Step 19 ($23.00 per hour)
Medical benefits available at employee cost.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application
- A current resume (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended)
- A cover letter providing evidence and examples that show education, experience, knowledge, and abilities to meet the requirements of the position (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended)
Electronic applications may be completed by visiting www.cccd.edu/employment. Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting. Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714 or (714) 438-4716.
All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned. Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755.
Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate "n/a" (not applicable). If you do not know an answer, please indicate so, but do not leave any space blank. Any documents that you are unable to attach can be faxed to (714) 782-6065. Faxes must clearly indicate your name and the job to which you are applying.
Disability Accommodations: If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4716.
- Applicants who are deemed to possess the highest degree of desirable qualifications will be invited to discuss their qualifications in an interview with the College/District. Please note: Possession of the desired qualifications does not ensure an interview.
- If any travel is required for an applicant to participate in-person during the interview process, this will be done so at the candidate's own expense.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.